We are still short in 3 or 4 positions bud.

We have the players to comfortably finish 2nd in the SPL. This is not as bad a squad as their product on the park or past humiliations show, they are far better than that. Our biggest handicap is our management team and i use that term extremely loosely.

We have the players to comfortably finish 2nd in the SPL. This is not as bad a squad as their product on the park or past humiliations show, they are far better than that. Our biggest handicap is our management team and i use that term extremely loosely.

If the team is that good, to whom should we give credit for assembling these players?

If the team is that good, to whom should we give credit for assembling these players?

What good? I said the players are better than they are showing, it's still a every average squad with many passengers and yet still better than all the other teams in the country. Praise should probably be given to the board by the Ally defenders for backing their man so much but questions should be asked of the board by those who expect a club run well as to why they are giving such an inept manager so many tools to play with. Let's be honest, Stevie Wonder could have built the best squad in the country given the same budget as Ally and his buddies. It's not exactly an achievement, it has merely hastened our next financial collapse. Coisty has took average to decent players and made them utterly mediocre.

So, this was merely a momentary stumble?

What good? I said the players are better than they are showing, it's still a every average squad with many passengers and yet still better than all the other teams in the country. Praise should probably be given to the board by the Ally defenders for backing their man so much but questions should be asked of the board by those who expect a club run well as to why they are giving such an inept manager so many tools to play with. Let's be honest, Stevie Wonder could have built the best squad in the country given the same budget as Ally and his buddies. It's not exactly an achievement, it has merely hastened our next financial collapse. Coisty has took average to decent players and made them utterly mediocre.

This is how you really feel? ...

As ever we generally agree although I think this is an utterly useless squad. Looking at Celtic though they have sold all their assets and aren't much better. Though they are very strong financially. What we will probably see for the next 10 years it the typical case where the OF only care about being slightly stronger than the other team. Celtic will spend the bare minimum but will keep us at arms length.

So, this was merely a momentary stumble?

This is how you really feel? ...

No stumble to anyone who can read mate.

It's probably closer to a fact than what i actually feel mate.

As ever we generally agree although I think this is an utterly useless squad. Looking at Celtic though they have sold all their assets and aren't much better. Though they are very strong financially. What we will probably see for the next 10 years it the typical case where the OF only care about being slightly stronger than the other team. Celtic will spend the bare minimum but will keep us at arms length.

Certainly whilst Ally is boss we will be nowhere near them mate. Even a domestic trophy is light years away at the minute. I don't think we are as bad as you say mate, i honestly think we have some alright players, no world beaters, no class acts to speak of but we have players good enough to be easily the 2nd best team in the country. Our budget should certainly dictate that anyway.

I honestly think a comedy series could be made about us. IT wouldn't even need acting. Just put a camera in the dressing room. The problem is this board are so inept they would get someone else completely useless. Step forward Alex McLeish.

By the way players like Shiels, Templeton, Law etc looked good in the SPL. In reality I think they would play in the third tier of English football. I like to use the English league as a comparison of talent because I think upper Championship/lower Premiership is what we should be achieving. When players leave the SPL they generally go to the bottom tiers. SPL sides are filled with players from the bottom teams.

That's where Law played, Shiels was bumped off by Doncaster and the only reason we signed Templeton is because Whittaker made him look good.

Interesting you criticise us when we are speaking sense and your own posts are so off point.

Feel free to debate any of the points we raise.

Where is it off-point? SC is discussing management and you are discussing team players.