If he was appointed to a prominent position at Rangers, he would be seen as an improvement on whoever he replaced.

He is apparently a Rangers fan so he'd be in a minority of one if he was made a director. The thing is, though, anyone joining this current lot will likely become tainted quite quickly.

If he joined and was a success, I would hope that he'd make it his business to clean out the SFA/SPFL in ruthless fashion and step up our influence.

If he was able to engineer the removal of some of the leading lights there, he would certainly be awarded more than a few brownie points.

If he was appointed to a prominent position at Rangers, he would be seen as an improvement on whoever he replaced.

He is apparently a Rangers fan so he'd be in a minority of one if he was made a director. The thing is, though, anyone joining this current lot will likely become tainted quite quickly.

If he joined and was a success, I would hope that he'd make it his business to clean out the SFA/SPFL in ruthless fashion and step up our influence.

If he was able to engineer the removal of some of the leading lights there, he would certainly be awarded more than a few brownie points.

Doubt it somehow mate.

He surrendered too meekly to the Rhegan/Doncaster/Liewell cartel for my liking which abolished Longmuir's SFL and absorbed in into their new Shellik-controlled SPFL which cannot get a sponsor for obvious reasons

I fail to see how he'd improve things at Rangers given his previous record

Doubt it somehow mate.

He surrendered too meekly to the Rhegan/Doncaster/Liewell cartel for my liking which abolished Longmuir's SFL and absorbed in into their new Shellik-controlled SPFL which cannot get a sponsor for obvious reasons

I can't remember his name, but I thought he took the advice from that guy from Airdrie and it cost him.

He was all ready to agree a vote of no confidence in Regan when that guy quietly intervened.

How different things could have been.

David Longmuir is an honourble man with a long background in marketing and football and connections at the highest level of government. During my time at SDS he was always sympathetic to the views of fans in general. There was no love lost between him and Doncaster though I think he gott on well enough with Regan, he was always going to be a victim of the inevtiable league amalgamation.

He would be a strong addition to Rangers Board. Perhaps as markeing director or CEO if Wallace were to go for any reason.

However I wouldn't get too excited. This from LinkedIn

Summary

I am an experienced commercial consultant and chief executive with a passion for Sport and Business. Sportsbridge Consultancy is designed to support Brands and Sports organisations get the most from their commercial sponsorship activities by identifying and creating new relationships , getting more from existing relationships and by adding creative ideas to the sponsorship mix . I have more than 20 years experience of being chief executive of a national sports governing body , and a sponsorship director of some of the largest brands in the drinks industry . I have also played sport at international level .

Experience

Consultant

Sportsbridge LTD

November 2013 – Present (10 months)Perth and Scotland

Brand and Business Building Through Sport

Live Active Leisure

Non Executive Director

Live Active Leisure

June 2014 – Present (3 months)Perth, United Kingdom

To assist the organisation with sales , marketing and commercial activities, and to promote the Live Active Leisure vision and strategy throughout the community .

Chief Executive

Scottish Football League

July 2007 – July 2013 (6 years 1 month)

Diageo

Director Brand Protection

Diageo

January 2002 – July 2007 (5 years 7 months)

So may well have been there in a business capacity for 32 red or more likely Heineken

Longmuir certainly knows where the bodies are buried in the SPL/SFL/SPFL merger come takeover. He is also a good administrator and know the working of the SFA, but has he learned the lessons of keeping your friends close but your enemies closer.

Our club needs someone on the various SFA and SPFL Boards someone with balls, cunning and ruthlessness.

Doubt it somehow mate.

If I remember it correctly, back then the whole SFL 1 teams stabbed him in the back when the SPL came calling for re-construction, as did some other chairmen too. He only held so much power and in "William Wallace days"-style, those beneath him did a fine job in betraying his attempts to work out a better deal.

If I remember it correctly, back then the whole SFL 1 teams stabbed him in the back when the SPL came calling for re-construction, as did some other chairmen too. He only held so much power and in "William Wallace days"-style, those beneath him did a fine job in betraying his attempts to work out a better deal.

That's a very fair assessment IMHO. Honour amongst thieves comes to mind.

He was undermined by certain SFlL team CEO's, but i also think he was naive in his dealing with the SPL and SFA, everyone and his dog knows Regan and Doncaster are Liewells puppets. Maybe he has learned a very valuable lesson in dealing with the SFA and SPFL "there's daggers in mien's smiles"

Edited by aweebluesoandso