I remember the late, great Bob Crampsey speculating in the late 70s/early 80s on the dangers of TV. He was a great Cricket(member of Somerset CCC) and Baseball fan. He used both these sports to highlight the pernicious nature of constant TV live coverage. Crowds at both these sports at that time were dwindling rapidly, and specifically he talked about the growing evidence that children in Atlanta, Chicago, LA, .... etc were just as likely to be Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees fans, as to be fans of their home city clubs.

On the streets of Scotland, it's a cosmopolitan approach to children replete in replica kits, both Barca and to a lesser degree, Real Madrid, and half a dozen English teams are as popular as any Scottish club. Twenty years of every breath and fart of CL has ensured this and proved auld Bob correct. It's the same in Belgium, when I was a kid, drawing Anderlect or Standard Liege was tantamount to a gubbing. Where are they now? Could Lokeren achieve back to back Euro Cup wins now? The landscape has changed, forever.

The law of diminishing returns awaits and to some, like Cosgrove that is most appealing. We are doomed to the suburbs of Brigadoon East with Establishment Stu' patrolling the streets.

Would that be the late great Holyrood teacher? I was always more a Montford man myself.:flute:

The only option for rangers is to nurture their youth players through the ranks. We wil never match the epl for sponsorship no matter what league setup we have. Goes for the rest of Scottish football too.