I would argue is football pretty anywhere in Scotland?

In Walter's second spell we were regularly outplayed and out passed by SPL teams, even sides like Hamilton and St Mirren. The same thing carried over with Ally once Naismith got injured. The difference with Walter is he had a winning mentality and was defensively a solid organiser.

Only when Ally finally gets pumped and some other poor soul takes over, will most of you realise it wasn't all Ally's fault that we are so dire. The managers job is now a poisoned chalice. No decent manager in his right mind would take this job, if he had alternatives. This leaves a bunch of unproven managers who will either be a board puppet, or worse, a PLG re-run.

No decent scouting system(still). a pathetic transfer budget(relative to his predecessors), and an expectation to win every game, all while playing scintillating football. Add to that the ongoing boardroom politics, and it leaves us where we are. A shite state of affairs, with no obvious solution.

Sacking Ally will do nothing about any of the major underlying issues that seem to anger people so much. It won't suddenly make our transfer budget higher, or indeed make average British players technically gifted. For the moment, it's better the devil you know, no matter how dire it may appear.

In Walter's second spell we were regularly outplayed and out passed by SPL teams, even sides like Hamilton and St Mirren. The same thing carried over with Ally once Naismith got injured. The difference with Walter is he had a winning mentality and was defensively a solid organiser.

You never really answered the question, yes in the odd game we have been out played by Hamilton or St Mirren - however my main point is Scottish football as a whole serves up terrible football week in week out.

Sacking Ally will do nothing about any of the major underlying issues that seem to anger people so much. It won't suddenly make our transfer budget higher, or indeed make average British players technically gifted. For the moment, it's better the devil you know, no matter how dire it may appear.

You just need to look at when Walter took over from PLG - same players, completely different results. The same happened with the Scotland team. Butcher @ hibs was reverse example - doing well @ ICT, moves to Hibs with big hopes & fails miserably.

If you have the right manager, you will get the most out of your players. McCoist can not get these players to play well.....I would even suggest that he would struggle to get ANY team playing well.

These are HIS players, HIS team, yet he can't seem to settle on his best starting 11 or even the best formation.

They are playing like total strangers, rather than a cohesive unit or TEAM!!!

On a different not I would love for Ally to take a gamble and play a team like this:

Miller

Law

McKay MacLeod Black Templeton

Wallace Zaliukas Gasparotto Foster

Bell

only 4 defenders on the pitch...it'll never catch on.

You just need to look at when Walter took over from PLG - same players, completely different results. The same happened with the Scotland team. Butcher @ hibs was reverse example - doing well @ ICT, moves to Hibs with big hopes & fails miserably.

If you have the right manager, you will get the most out of your players. McCoist can not get these players to play well.....I would even suggest that he would struggle to get ANY team playing well.

These are HIS players, HIS team, yet he can't seem to settle on his best starting 11 or even the best formation.

They are playing like total strangers, rather than a cohesive unit or TEAM!!!

Using Walter is a pretty poor example, considering he knew the set up, and could hit the ground running. I admit that a new manager can dramatically change things, but these types of manager usually have vast experience, and are proven. Can we really attract a Walter type manager at this moment in time? I doubt it.

Using Walter is a pretty poor example, considering he knew the set up, and could hit the ground running. I admit that a new manager can dramatically change things, but these types of manager usually have vast experience, and are proven. Can we really attract a Walter type manager at this moment in time? I doubt it.

It's not just experience....sometimes its just a case of getting the right fit.....

As for walter, he's the perfect example - it was PLG's team & his players. Walter came in, and utilised those same players & turned them into a winning team. That is what we need....someone with some fresh ideas on how to best utilise the players available.

what about Robbie Neilson @ Hearts - they just gubbed St johnstone, and played pretty well by all accounts.

You never really answered the question, yes in the odd game we have been out played by Hamilton or St Mirren - however my main point is Scottish football as a whole serves up terrible football week in week out.

Celtic play far better football than us. Pretty much everyone in the SPL and beyond makes much more of an effort to pass the ball about.

I'm not talking about the odd game. For a long time we were getting outplayed week in week out. We were out passed countless times last season.