I thought we were fairly comfortable in possession for large periods of the match. However, once we reached the final 3rd of the pitch we were completely devoid of ideas or creativity - until Temps came on!!!

We all know that Boyd is not a worker, but he scores goals when given decent balls across/into the box - completely non-existent!!!

Miller did a power of running, but was largely infective.

When we did get to their box, and moved the ball about quickly we caused them problems - this was something Hibs did far more than we did!!!.

Surely the management team can see this, and work on it in Training???

Who specified the second half?

Point is we didn't always hoof it as the poster suggested. We attempted (badly at times, good at others) to pass and attack on the ground. In fact that's why Hibs counter-attacked so well because we were committing players forward ourselves and lost possession.

I'm asking if you saw any in the second half? We made a few half decent moves in the first half though I wouldn't say it was overly fluid and we rarely looked like scoring. That second half was absolutely brutal though and McCoist just should not be getting away with it. These are highly paid management and players who just look completely clueless week in week out.

The midfield were virtually non existent until hibs went to ten men then we decided to pass the ball,until then the ball was from front to back,and very rarely did we win the ball as quite often it came straight back

First half our midfield were marginally better and more effective. IIRC, w scored our opener from a reasonable passing move.

After half-time (or at least 55mins or so), Hibs seemed to commit more men forward and we struggled centrally especially. Fortunately, the introduction of Templeton and Hibs red card enabled us to change formation and after that we seemed to utilise the ball better and, while still largely unimpressive, looked as if we could have scored more goals.

Hibs were taking the ball from there keeper and playing the ball from the back, not once did we even attempt it until Temps came on and they went to ten men.

That's just not true.

They were practically down to 9 when we scored the second.

I am trying hard to think of the good points last night.

Two well taken goals, I thought Foster got pass marks for a change, Zalukis an improvement on our centre back pairing of Jig and Moshni, Templeton look bright when he came on and I am sure Boyd and Miller will score goals.

Though I have to say some of our passing is woeful.

I'm asking if you saw any in the second half? We made a few half decent moves in the first half though I wouldn't say it was overly fluid and we rarely looked like scoring. That second half was absolutely brutal though and McCoist just should not be getting away with it. These are highly paid management and players who just look completely clueless week in week out.

Yes, I did - Miller should have scored late on from some good play on the right by Foster. Temps also made some good runs down the left resulting in a variety of fouls.

For 20mins or so in the second half we were appalling and for the rest of the time we were just average at best. I'm not hiding from that - just saying we didn't always hoof it which, to be honest, is just nonsense and we all know that.

Now, people are welcome to criticise the performances but constantly refusing to acknowledge even the smallest glimpses of good play is churlish at best.

(Now, people are welcome to criticise the performances but constantly refusing to acknowledge even the smallest glimpses of good play is churlish at best.)

Are we now settling for the smallest glimpse of good play from a game

Edited by williamh
spelling

(Now, people are welcome to criticise the performances but constantly refusing to acknowledge even the smallest glimpses of good play is churlish at best.)

Are we now settling for the smallest glimpse of good play from a game

No, absolutely not.

I'm just saying that constant negativity is counter-productive and sometimes the only way to build on morale and performance is to praise the small things.

We've seen lots of critical posts about last night - for the most part fair and accurate. I don't see what we have to lose by pointing out the good parts - however small.