Agreed - he's the main part but the point is a range of parties were involved in the process from the sale to what happened afterwards right up until today.

BDO's investigation may precipitate an enquiry but I won't hold my breath given the wide-ranging culpability of those involved and the fact they still hold office in many cases.

It's something our own fans could call for but I don't know enough about the process to know how effective that would be.

Agreed - he's the main part but the point is a range of parties were involved in the process from the sale to what happened afterwards right up until today.

BDO's investigation may precipitate an enquiry but I won't hold my breath given the wide-ranging culpability of those involved and the fact they still hold office in many cases.

It's something our own fans could call for but I don't know enough about the process to know how effective that would be.

The e-petition that was circling around a while back would be one way to start however that never really took off and it showed how disconnected and apathetic an element of our support can be. (No offence to anyone with those statements folks!)

Perhaps an item such as this article would go far to glavanise our support a bit more to demand a public enquiry into the ongoings of CW takeover. Still not sure we would get 100K signatures required to have it taken to the next level.

I would have suggested that perhaps given the number of podcasts / websites / supporters groups / blogs as well as the timing of the potential HMRC appeal Mk.3 and the start of the new season may be a good time to try and get the momentum going?

But as proved before - its not easy.

One other thing to consider is the 'evidence' that VB has eluded to this past week. If this has merit - then it will be 'another piece of the jigsaw' that could fall into place which would bring the SFA fully into this!

Also, as mentioned earlier - i would be amazed if HMRC did not inform the SFA of these ongoings when it was public knowledge that Whyte was in negotiations to buy Rangers! Perhaps this is the item VB are eluding to...

Interesting times ahead Bears!

I think today's story has been placed to apply pressure to HMRC vis-a-vis their possible appeal to the Inner House of the Court of Session.

Only time will tell if there's a greater appetite for further investigation into what happened but without political influence it's doubtful. Even less so when we have fans wanting to move on and/or absolve SDM of blame.

Unfortunately, what happened during the early part of this decade and what is happening now are two cheeks of the same very well skelped arse.

How do the defenders of McCoist square his passionate defence of SDM? Any fan who has any sympathy for SDM seems to receive a fair amount of criticism if not abuse.

There are certain people who will choose to play the diplomatic card when it comes to the saga - especially when they're knee deep in the aftermath.

However, I'm not convinced McCoist's managerial abilities are overly relevant to his opinions over a former employer of his.

There are certain people who will choose to play the diplomatic card when it comes to the saga - especially when they're knee deep in the aftermath.

However, I'm not convinced McCoist's managerial abilities are overly relevant to his opinions over a former employer of his.

I hesitate to use the word but I think McCoist is compromised by his loyalty to SDM. His managerial abilities are another story and not what I was getting at.

I'm absolutely appaled by the inaction of and double-standards applied by HMRC. How Whyte was able to walk freely through the streets of Glasgow if he was already pursued as a tax-fraudster is beyond me, likewise that HMRC did not gave a single whisper before Whyte's well-publicised purchase of Rangers FC and the time he was "chairman". Yet, as soon as we hit admin, documents were leaked left, right and centre.

How did the SFA et al managed to overlook this during their fit-and-proper person test?