The rumours are getting stronger it would seem that Mrs Hiddink was in London recently shopping. The dutch newspapers are making out that she was househunting. As Abramovich is supposedly paying his wages for Russia they would only need to pay Mourinho off.

Guus stated he knows nothing of the chelsea job, but hey do they not all say that.

This must be a certainty to happen. All the ingredients are there it is just is it the summer or january?????

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=398977&cc=5739

Russian chief denies Hiddink Chelsea link

Russia's soccer chief denied press reports that the country's Dutch coach Guus Hiddink may quit early to take over from Jose Mourinho as manager of English side Chelsea.

Click here

'He (Hiddink) has a contract, he is the current manager of the national side, and while his contract is in force no one can consider him as a candidate for another post,' Russian Football Union President Vitaly Mutko told Ekho Moskvy radio station.

Hiddink signed a 2-1/2 year contract to coach the Russian team in April last year.

Mourinho still feels aggrieved at the departure of William Gallas on the final day of the summer transfer window and Abramovich is, according to several Sunday newspapers, already preparing to replace him with Hiddink.

Chelsea are owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. The tycoon also pays a portion of Hiddink's wages and helped bring the Dutchman to Moscow.

Mourinho's relationship with owner Roman Abramovich and chief executive Peter Kenyon is believed to have reached breaking point, with the Portuguese coach frustrated with the behind-the-scenes political battles at the club.

Inter Milan have been touted as the most likely destination for Mourinho, who is looking to clinch a third successive Premiership crown with the second-placed Blues.

Hiddink, still in charge of the Russian national team, has revealed he has spoken to the Blues supremo in the past.

'Abramovich has created a massive football academy here (in Russia),' Hiddink told Elf Magazine.

'But he told me that Russia has not played a significant role in football for 10 years. He asked me if I could give him a helping hand.

'He was here the other day. He and I talked for a while about a number of things.

'He stays in the background and he is not pushy with things.

'I get on with him very well.'

I think Chelsea will be a better team if Hiddink takes over as manager.

You crack me up.

Honestly, if that is what keeps you going then feel free to believe it.

I got news for you gazza8. Jose aint going NOWHERE but to step up and collect the Premeiership title for a third time;)

You crack me up.

Honestly, if that is what keeps you going then feel free to believe it.

I got news for you gazza8. Jose aint going NOWHERE but to step up and collect the Premeiership title for a third time;)

It doesn't keep me going Colshy, it doesn't keep me going at all.

Under JM Chelsea are very boring to watch. Hiddink plays a more attractive style of football which is more pleasing on the eye.

Under JM Chelsea are very boring to watch. Hiddink plays a more attractive style of football which is more pleasing on the eye.

Even if that was the case i know i would much rather have a treble league winning side playing "boring" football, than a team who continualy fails in what they do but are supposed to play "good, flowing football".

Ill take the "boring win" anytime.

What if Rangers started playing "boring " football, but beat Celtic to the league championship every year?

i would take that over failure anyday!

p.s. congratulations on the 6-3 rout of the scousers.

If Hiddink does become the new Chelsea manager then how d'you know he'll be a failure? It seems you know for sure he will.

All i know is that all this Hiddink stuff is utter rubbish. Listen to what the great man says and it is well known around Chelsea that he is staying on until 2010.

:eek:

Surly that wasn't Colshy ???

If you hand a donkey a carrot he will eat it.:D