Former Rangers chief executive Charles Green is launching a bid to return to Ibrox as a director by fronting a £10 million investment in the club from an American billionaire.

New York based George Soros has told Green to make his move within the next 7 days by offering existing Rangers shareholders 20p per share to become the company’s biggest shareholder.

If that move fails, Soros and Green will offer the current board a £10 million loan at 5% interest, with the Murray Park training ground taken as security on the deal.

Clyde Sport understands Green would then return to the club as a director with a new chief executive to be appointed to replace the current man in charge, Graham Wallace.

The move would also throw into question the future of Rangers manager Ally McCoist with both men known to be fans of club legend Brian Laudrup.

Green still has close contacts with the current Rangers board through Sandy Easdale.

Mr Soros has been involved in Major League Baseball in the United States and currently has a 1.9% stakeholding in Manchester United.

He played a significant role in the transition from communism to capitalism in his native Hungary in the 1980s and is a well known currency speculator who gained the title, “The man who broke the Bank of England” in the 1992 Black Wednesday currency crisis.

Forbes magazine has listed 83 year-old Soros as the 27th richest person in the world as recently as 2 weeks ago and he’s the 7th richest man in America with a net worth of £23billion.

http://www.clyde1.com/superscoreboard/green-eyeing-ibrox-return/

does anyone actually believe this guff? Why would an American billionaire want a controlling stake in Rangers?

Why would any successful businessman want a controlling stake in Rangers?

People sometimes forget - successful business people often see and exploit what the rest of us can't see.

That doesn't mean that I believe Soros is Ibrox-bound, but because you/we might not see a reason to buy into Rangers, it doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Why would any successful businessman want a controlling stake in Rangers?

People sometimes forget - successful business people often see and exploit what the rest of us can't see.

That doesn't mean that I believe Soros is Ibrox-bound, but because you/we might not see a reason to buy into Rangers, it doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Aye, probably the same reason Jerry Jone's Dallas Cowboy wanted to tie in with us:whistling:

BBC interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28713408

"I've got a number of people ready to invest in Rangers," Green told the BBC.

"I've told people this is a great club and a great opportunity. It's one of the world's biggest brands in terms of football.

"I don't want to go back to Rangers, I left unhappy last year and know it wouldn't be right to go back. However, to see where the club is now is a disaster." "Why Charles Green? I'm not applying to be the Messiah but I won't let the club continue to slide and become a laughing stock," explained Green

"What I'm saying is if someone else can raise the money then great - if not, I'll do it.

"I've made loads of mistakes I'm not saying I'm a good guy but I'm certainly not the worst guy.

"I wouldn't be involved at executive level or operationally but if I bring investors in, they'll want some kind of representation on the board. That could be me or someone else."

And, on possible opposition from fans, he added: "Raising cash is what I do.

"It's what I've done for 30 years and it's all I do. What is important is that the club is saved. If the club doesn't raise cash then it won't be able to continue to trade.

"If some fans would rather the club goes back into administration then they are not real fans.

"Sit and wait and see what happens - if I don't raise the cash then that's it but if I do the club will be stronger.

"Rangers will get back to the Scottish Premiership and when they do, they need to be competitive.

"When they get there no-one wants to see them weak and humiliated.

"Fans need to unite. One week it's the Sons of Struth and then the Union of Fans - there is no union of fans.

"I'd love to see all the fans unite and hate me - at least then they'd be united. It's a disjointed fan base and someone needs to stand up and say it how it is."