Plan A - assemble a large squad of journeymen and former players and hope it clicks.

Plan B - hope it clicks

Plan C - hope it clicks

Plan D - hope it clicks

ad infinitum

**Incase of emergency through McCulloch up front**

God forbid someone suggests coaching, nurturing and giving some experience to young talent.

Seeing Jig thrown forward late on was ridiculous. The actions of a clueless desperate man.

Without making a single excuse for the manager at all, I think it's pretty fair to say that today's game could easily have gone either way.

Not only that, but I think we created more chances than Hearts did, but unfortunately squandered and missed all but one of them.

On the day, it was an even match for me just like Tuesday night which was a match I also felt could have swung either way, but swung ours.

Overall, I'm really disappointed that we lost the game, but not completely disheartened because it was only the first league game of the season and there's a long, long way to go.

Personally, I think Ally and the team he's put together will come good and win us the league this season and it's not based on blind faith, it's based on the fact that I think we have the best squad of players, players who over the full season will do the job for us.

On saying that, it's definitely fair to say that quite a few of these players are only here to do a job for us this season (and maybe next season in some cases) as we move into a period of building a squad to really challenge for the top flight title over the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Is it maybe best to temper our expectations slightly when we're in such an unprecedented situation as a club? Some would say that we should never, ever, temper our expectations, but I'm not convinced that attitude is based in realism and a true appreciation of where we are as a club at the moment.

Where we are as a club is building our way back up after complete meltdown and like most fans I'd like to see (and have seen) more youth being given a chance, but I'm also pragmatic enough to appreciate the necessity of winning each league over the course of the season and if it takes some experienced pros to get the right results for us over the course, then fine.

Lastly, while trying to put all of this into perspective, it's worth noting that under far more experienced managers than Ally and with far far better (and hugely more expensive!) squads of players (quality wise) we've lost numerous homes games over the course of a season to what we considered lesser teams on paper.

My concern Zap is that most of what I have written is not actually based on todays result - and sadly, I think most of us would agree with your reasoning about temporarily at least, re-defining expectations.

But our manager is responsible for the long term footballing strategy and I dont think that looks positive at all, and thats down to a combination of his signings and team selections. We have had numerous opportunities to blood youngsters and give them a step up and chance to see what they can do - was winning the league unbeaten last season really so important ? Id much rather once that league had been sown up we had introduced more of our youngsters where we could have given them an extended run of games in the 1st team.

We have our brightest talent Macleod playing wide out of position, whilst the likes of McKay, who is a wide player, was loaned out last season ? Where is the logic in that ?

There comes a point, particularly against lower opposition when it not only about churning out results - but having a fluidity and pattern to our play which augurs well for the future. That sadly has been lacking for too long.

I don't recall the Hearts keeper making one single save. Did he?

Don't think Alexander did. Gallacher should've done better for our goal from their point of view I think. Alexander should have been picking the ball out the net at least once. Got lucky when he pissed about with the pass back and how Templeton missed the header I don't know

We were utterly clueless - again.

There is nothing there. No spark, no imagination, no intelligence. Nothing. Just flat and devoid of any purpose.

I said after the Derby game that we were dire and saw nothing that gave me hope for a positive season. This team and management are not fit for purpose and are just carrying on the same pish from ladt season

This for me sums it up, with the same shambles repeating itself from one game to the next, nothing is learned.

It's been evident for some time that Ally McCoist hasn't got what it takes to be a football manager and has played on the 'credit' built up over previous stages in his times with Rangers and via excuses on the spi.v shambles.

He's well past the point when he has sufficient 'credit' left to makes fans blind to reallity or have realistic excuses from the ongoing dysfunctional boardroom flying circus.

He should have left after last season as the above was more than apparent but he chose to stay.

It will now probably get ugly as i'd be surprised if he doesn't dig his feet in and doubtful if the board have sufficient funds to terminate his contract (including any deferrals).

Just another chapter in our Multi-Layered Omnishambles, that would seem to be reaching another head in 2014/15.

Without making a single excuse for the manager at all, I think it's pretty fair to say that today's game could easily have gone either way.

Not only that, but I think we created more chances than Hearts did, but unfortunately squandered and missed all but one of them.

On the day, it was an even match for me just like Tuesday night which was a match I also felt could have swung either way, but swung ours.

Overall, I'm really disappointed that we lost the game, but not completely disheartened because it was only the first league game of the season and there's a long, long way to go.

Personally, I think Ally and the team he's put together will come good and win us the league this season and it's not based on blind faith, it's based on the fact that I think we have the best squad of players, players who over the full season will do the job for us.

On saying that, it's definitely fair to say that quite a few of these players are only here to do a job for us this season (and maybe next season in some cases) as we move into a period of building a squad to really challenge for the top flight title over the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Is it maybe best to temper our expectations slightly when we're in such an unprecedented situation as a club? Some would say that we should never, ever, temper our expectations, but I'm not convinced that attitude is based in realism and a true appreciation of where we are as a club at the moment.

Where we are as a club is building our way back up after complete meltdown and like most fans I'd like to see (and have seen) more youth being given a chance, but I'm also pragmatic enough to appreciate the necessity of winning each league over the course of the season and if it takes some experienced pros to get the right results for us over the course, then fine.

Lastly, while trying to put all of this into perspective, it's worth noting that under far more experienced managers than Ally and with far far better (and hugely more expensive!) squads of players, we've lost numerous homes games over the course of a season to what we considered lesser teams on paper.

We were absolutely atrocious today against a Hearts side that has just had half its squad replaced. We have been atrocious under Ally ever since Naismith got injured and he has been paid millions for it.

It's crystal clear he is not cut out for management and it is time he did the honourable thing and went back to TV work.

He has made watching us an absolutely depressing experience.

It's been evident for some time that Ally McCoist hasn't got what it takes to be a football manager and has played on the 'credit' built up over previous stages in his times with Rangers and via excuses on the spi.v shambles.

He's well past the point when he has sufficient 'credit' left to makes fans blind to reallity or have realistic excuses from the ongoing dysfunctional boardroom flying circus.

He should have left after last season as the above was more than apparent but he chose to stay.

It will now probably get ugly as i'd be surprised if he doesn't dig his feet in and doubtful if the board have sufficient funds to terminate his contract (including any deferrals).

Just another chapter in our Multi-Layered Omnishambles, that would seem to be reaching another head in 2014/15.

Will this board sack him? Do they have an idea whom they'd replace him with?