the next step in allys career is the fans anger turning to hate. then the stands will start to empty. McCoist has made too many mistakes and his failure to acknoledge where he has went wrong will ultimately be his undoing.

i see he is now blaming charles green for the defeat against hearts.

Sad and pityful.

No more excuses.....yet in todays DR he's blaming CG for rearing his head again - poor, poor poor....

It has been excuse after excuse for years. We hear excuses regularly from players, and how they are going to turn things around/improve etc....then its back to the same old, stuff.

There are thousands of fans watching each game who can clearly see the failings:-

- cannae pass

- cannae take a corner

- cannae take a free kick

- cannae make a decent substitution

- cannae tackle

- cannae maintain any kind of pace/tempo

- cannae defend a corner

- cannae breakdown an opposition defence

- cannae get to the bye line

- cannae beat a man

These are all things that have been evident for years, and show absolutely no sign of changing, even though there are players in the ranks than CAN and have done these things perfectly well in the past. Black, Law & Temps are shadows of themselves a few years ago. Even Foster has regressed since his original stint.

The club is still reliant on over-paying for mediocre players then trying to pass them off as something they're not. We have brought in one player that has a chance of developing - Nicky Clark - yet the lad cannae get a game, how's he going to develop?

While it's true that we won the 3rd tier without losing a game, i believe this just papered over the cracks. Once the league was won, there should have been an improvement in the general tone of the games - league won, less pressure. This didn't happen, we stuck to the same formula and even continued to play a player who was carrying an injury which has then had a knock on effect to this season.

Is the club's only goal to win the next game???

What is happening on the training field - are these players actually being coached/trained???

Are we studying opponents, identifying weak spots, and tweaking strategies to accommodate these weaknesses???

Walter basically said before the match that Rangers hardly had a team a couple of years ago as an excuse for the dire performances. That excuse is getting very tiresome. What about Hearts? Ally and the coaches have had plenty time to work with these players and the only thing they've achieved in that time is making them look inept.

He also said Rangers goal is to get up the leagues as quickly as possible as if performing and winning are somehow mutually exclusive. Perhaps if we were capable of playing something vaguely resembling football then we wouldn't struggle week in week out. We wouldn't get embarrassed constantly in the cups. Believe it or not, the better a team passes and moves, plays with technique, is organised as a unit, creates in the final third and can defend without just throwing everyone back in defence, the better their chance of success is.

If long ball rancid football was some sort of tactic which somehow brought a higher chance of success, the big tournaments would be full of sides doing it. Except it's only crap British teams that do it because they don't know any better and have no skill or grace.

I found it rather ironic they were asking Walter about the poor performances as well because we played the same crap football under him, only now it's got even worse and there's no solid defence.

I found it rather ironic they were asking Walter about the poor performances as well because we played the same crap football under him, only now it's got even worse and there's no solid defence.

I would disagree slightly with that.....

Under Walter, we played unattractive football - it was boring & uninteresting - but at least we did it pretty well. Under McCoist, we are just not playing good football of any kind. Right now we are a team of decent footballers, playing very poor football.

I would agree with the principal that our 1st instinct should be to win a game. After all is that not the idea of the game??? However, there are ways & means to do it, and by doing things the right way, it makes the no.1 goal easier to achieve.

Remember the old adage - "The more I practice, the luckier I get"

The first instinct should be to win the game. Win the game playing football and not rugby. And the football under Walter was brutal.

It was brutal to watch....but we were technically playing better. Walter had us playing a very defensive style, that restricted how the opposition played and we did it well. Ally's team over the past few seasons have been terrible to watch coz they've been technically sh*t - completely unable to play even basic football.

The first instinct should be to win the game. Win the game playing football and not rugby. And the football under Walter was brutal.

Agreed - the football side of things need rid of the Walter/Ally approach. It's chronic.

I said that previously that we were defensively strong under him. The football was very hard to watch though, we regularly got outplayed and we often struggled to string more than a few passes together and played like we were punting a potato about the park.

In Walter's second spell the only time we played decent football was the last few games in 10/11.

As I say though, things have got progressively worse. Walter's negative mindset still casts a shadow over the club though and it's time we completely changed our philosophy.

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 47m

For those asking about McCoist leaving Rangers tonight the rumours are untrue. There are tensions behind the scenes however.

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 1m

More on the tensions behind the scenes at Ibrox in my column tomorrow...

Oh yes, more exclusives from our prime reporter.