Nothing to do with "balance", IMHO. Some call it irony, other might deem it sarcasm. After all we've been through, rather appropriate, either way.

Thanks, that's all it was meant to be, a moderately sarcastic jibe. I'll call him Mr King of SA in future.

Nothing to do with "balance", IMHO. Some call it irony, other might deem it sarcasm. After all we've been through, rather appropriate, either way.

It is lovely how you come to his aid so quickly - very noble - but what complete tosh. So it is appropriate to use a silly name for Dave King because of what we've been through? You've lost me with that one.

Don't pretend that you are then, which you frequently do.

Why don't you just call him his name like a grown man.

There are a number of areas where I do feel qualified to give an objective unbiased opinion, for example where I have met the people concerned or where I can use my refereeing experience, and as you say that's usually obvious. However, I have never met Mr King so all I have to go on are his public pronouncements and so my comments are just my opinions based on my own analysis. If I was writing an article about the pros and cons of his interventions that would be different but all we are doing here is posting opinions on a forum.

I think if you if you do some research you will find that I have almost always referred to him as either DK or Mr King. I used King of SA twice recently and it's not exactly offensive now is it; but as I said I'll revert to Mr King (from rather than of) SA as I have no wish to offend your sensibilities on this any more than I do normally.

There are a number of areas where I do feel qualified to give an objective unbiased opinion, for example where I have met the people concerned or where I can use my refereeing experience, and as you say that's usually obvious. However, I have never met Mr King so all I have to go on are his public pronouncements and so my comments are just my opinions based on my own analysis. If I was writing an article about the pros and cons of his interventions that would be different but all we are doing here is posting opinions on a forum.

I think if you if you do some research you will find that I have almost always referred to him as either DK or Mr King. I used King of SA twice recently and it's not exactly offensive now is it; but as I said I'll revert to Mr King (from rather than of) SA as I have no wish to offend your sensibilities on this any more than I do normally.

I don't give two hoots what you call him, whether you have taken his name in your wee referee's book, or whether he is on that long list of dignitaries that you have chewed the fat with. You could call him Puss 'n Boots for all I care. It wasn't 'offensive to my sensibilities' in the slightest. My point was purely that it was an indication of your lack of respect for King and an indication of your unbalanced view on the matter accordingly.

I don't give two hoots what you call him, whether you have taken his name in your wee referee's book, or whether he is on that long list of dignitaries that you have chewed the fat with. You could call him Puss 'n Boots for all I care. It wasn't 'offensive to my sensibilities' in the slightest. My point was purely that it was an indication of your lack of respect for King and an indication of your unbalanced view on the matter accordingly.

That's fine Mr Anchorman, you obviously were concerned enough about my description to comment negatively on it and take it further. I tried to give you a reasoned reply but have just been met by your customary sarcastic response, so obviously wasting my time. I'll know better in future.