Also the valuation placed on him the last time was FAR too low - just over £1m I think.

We'd be extremely lucky if we could even get £1m for him at the moment. We paid £1.5m when we were still in the top flight and that was a fair price, but as soon as we went into admin then down to the 4th tier his £1.5m (maybe £2m tops) value almost completely disappeared.

We might have valued him at £1.2m or something last season, but we were never getting that much, so we were over-pricing him. With the clubs well publicised ongoing financial issues and cash shortage, I think we'd be lucky to get 7 or 8 hundred grand for him.

We will just have to pay 3 million to get a similar quality next season.

If anyone pays that for someone like Wallace, they need shooting. I hope that if your man does come in he is a lot shrewder in the transfer market than that.

Couldnt disagree more. He is always busting a gut up and down the touchline.. look at the Hearts game on Saturday, chasing dead balls.

Maybe so and fair enough. On general this season I doubt that he reached his own high standards that often though. And before people get that wrong, it is not "bad-mouthing" him before a possible transfer, just a hurting gut feeling after watching him that way time and again.

We should be demanding 5 for him.

There's brass necks and then there's brass necks! :D

We could only price a player like Wallace above £2m if we were back in the top flight. Like I say though, at the moment he's worth peanuts (under a million!) because clubs sniffing around for bargains all know that we're skint.

I'd stick a £3m tag on him.

Some may laugh at it, but we should then be able to actually get about £1.5m for him...maybe ever closer to £2m.

for Premiership & championship clubs down south £2m is pocket change.

If anyone pays that for someone like Wallace, they need shooting. I hope that if your man does come in he is a lot shrewder in the transfer market than that.

Really, Hull paid almost 3 million for a 20 year old just a season from being an amateur with Queens Park.