The board ain't going to refuse the manager a player unless he's un-affordable. It's not their job to pick and choose who we sign surely, that must be up to the manager. Our board by their own admission know nothing about football so how can they be expected to know if a prospective signing is in line with our signing policy or not.

a proper one absolutely will.

if the club policy is to buy young players and develop them then they have to get the manager in line with that.

it's like my boss telling me to brew tennents and me saying nah im doing stella instead.

a proper one absolutely will.

if the club policy is to buy young players and develop them then they have to get the manager in line with that.

it's like my boss telling me to brew tennents and me saying nah im doing stella instead.

But your boss would be clued up on their beers and lagers, our board ain't clued up on footballers or managers, at all. Or even football for that matter.

But your boss would be clued up on their beers and lagers, our board ain't clued up on footballers or managers, at all. Or even football for that matter.

my boss couldn't brew lager in a million years. but he knows what sells and what is best for the company.

same principal.

my boss couldn't brew lager in a million years. but he knows what sells and what is best for the company.

same principal.

But they need to know a little about the subject.

The board don't need to be able to kick a ball but they do need to understand what makes a good football set up. A proper strategy and plan with a proper man in charge. Our current board don't.

Our board are looking at 69 capped Kenny Miller and thinking he is a right good signing. Faure, a kid who came through the Lyon academy, and think he must be alright. Ian Black, MOTM in a Scottish Cup final and think he must be alright. Shiels and Law players of the year in the respective clubs and thinking they are decent but they ain't. Jon Daly running a mock in the SPL for Utd thinking he is a good player, but he ain't. They probably see Ally winning lower league titles and think he is doing alright but he ain't.

The board know nothing about football. This is a monumental problem.

But they need to know a little about the subject.

The board don't need to be able to kick a ball but they do need to understand what makes a good football set up. A proper strategy and plan with a proper man in charge. Our current board don't.

Our board are looking at 69 capped Kenny Miller and thinking he is a right good signing. Faure, a kid who came through the Lyon academy, and think he must be alright. Ian Black, MOTM in a Scottish Cup final and think he must be alright. Shiels and Law players of the year in the respective clubs and thinking they are decent but they ain't. Jon Daly running a mock in the SPL for Utd thinking he is a good player, but he ain't. They probably see Ally winning lower league titles and think he is doing alright but he ain't.

The board know nothing about football. This is a monumental problem.

I prefer the boards plan to Ally's.

If only they actually meant it.....

I think in a well run football club the manager should have very little say in who they sign other than yes or no. I think he should identify positions he needs but then the scouting system should suggest targets. Once that happens the board should say you can have him if you want etc..