Welcome back Walter.

Just reading through some of the 'views' on the Sky Sports site calling Smith a traitor for leaving the national team in the lurch.... no mention of course that he offered to continue in both roles which was rejected.

Also that we were calling for his head when he left the first time saying he was no good in Europe.... he wasnt.... but you would think he'd have a bit more experience now with that given that its been 8 years since he left.

But i guess each to their own, my views differ. :D

The fact that Walter walked away the Scotland managers position, a job in which is was making great progress with the national team and which he was very secure in, to come back to Rangers says everything. The man is a born true blue and if anyone can restore our club then it's Walter. Cracking move s to bring in Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowell, however I would also like to see Stuart McCall back as well after the fine work he's been doing at Sheffield United.

As for the rest of the season, as long as some progress is made i'll be happy. Hopefully we'll see an end to the 2 steps forward 2 steps back scenario we've had to put up with so far this season. Transfer wise i'd like to see us bring in a couple of experienced campaginers in January to help the squad towards 2nd place in the SPL. Along with this i'd also like to see Walter make some quality signing in the summer as well as bring in some up and coming talent from the Scotland U21's. Hopefully David Murray will back him with substantial transfer funds as it looks like we'll not recoup much by selling off the unwanted players in the squad.

Malky