Next year will see us enter the Premiership hoping to reclaim our crown as King of Scotland.

I am looking for some help in this thread from you guys please.

I am looking at our revenue in the lower leagues and what we used to bring in when in the SPL and looking at how we are going to get back there, so some fag packet maths.

When in the SPL our average revenues were

£25m Gate Receipts and Hospitality

£3m Sponsors and Advertising

£5m Broadcasting rights

£5m Commercial income

£2m Other operating income

That is us, without European football. A £40m revenue club. That is what we averaged over the last 15 years or so when not participating in Europe. This is where we will need to be at least next season to just compete i believe.

Our operating expenses averaged out at £45m per season. Every year.

Staff costs including wages and salaries averaged at around £30m of that £45m. 75% of turnover from above.

This means that we were always pissing against the wind, needing European football. It's easy to see here trouble was always inevitable as we could never quite get the costs down to a sustainable level.

When in the lower leagues our average revenues were

£12m Gate receipts and hospitality.

£740k Sponsorship and advertising.

£1.5m Retail

£700k Broadcasting

£900k Commercial

£1.5m Other revenue.

Around £17.3m revenue as a lower league club with costs at almost double that incredibly.

As a comparison, Celtic turnover over £50m in any given year without European football but obviously have a much higher operating cost base.

Merchandising costs them £9m per annum but they bring in £15m

Football operations brings in £30m but costs them anything between £46m and £50m including £40m in staffing costs as of last year.

Multimedia and other commercial brings in £10m and costs them £2m

This shows how important European football is to them as well. Without it they run at a similar loss to what we did. European football is imperative to both clubs.

So anyway, i would like to know how we are going to go from a club bringing in less that £20m to a club who must bring in at least double that in the next 12 months, whilst keeping our operating costs under control. The wage bill will undoubtedly need to increase too. We are already running at a loss. Averaged out at around *£400k per month. You can see where the differences are but just how easy will it be to go back to the former revenue streams?

What do you think guys?

*worked out from recent 120 day review.

We would need a board who are more interested in actually running a business than filling their own pockets, take a look at the Tims board then take a look at what masquerades as ours.

The difference of quality in the respective board rooms is far larger than it is on the park.

We need an ownership structure where the interests of all the shareholders are aligned, which is an impossible ask whilst you have between a quarter and a third of the shares being held by those who paid 1p each when the rest of the shareholders paid many multiples of that.

We need an end to the financially suicidal onerous contracts be they in favour of certain shareholders, the inhabitants of the boardroom, the football management team and last but not least the playing staff.

Simonsen

Miller

Boyd

McCulloch

McGregor

Foster

Daly

Black

Smith

Faure

McAusland

Mohsni

Gasparotto

All out of contract at the end of the season so they either need to be replaced or enter into discussions about extensions, no doubt even more lucrative than now.

Simonsen

Miller

Boyd

McCulloch

McGregor

Foster

Daly

Black

Smith

Faure

McAusland

Mohsni

Gasparotto

All out of contract at the end of the season so they either need to be replaced or enter into discussions about extensions, no doubt even more lucrative than now.

Boyd is the only one i would keep. The rest must be let go, they simply must be. A pile of absolute dross there.

Boyd is the only one i would keep. The rest must be let go, they simply must be. A pile of absolute dross there.

Yet another example of not planning ahead. To replace a whole side and expect it to hit the ground running is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yet another example of not planning ahead. To replace a whole side and expect it to hit the ground running is a disaster waiting to happen.

Correct. It's an absolute disgrace mate. I would put my mortgage on Ally wanting to keep most if not all of those named above. Next summer is going to be so so important.

Ally rebuilding a whole squad fit for spfl! How much would he be demanding from the board or kinger for that! Mind boggling sums methinks

Ally rebuilding a whole squad fit for spfl! How much would he be demanding from the board or kinger for that! Mind boggling sums methinks

If King comes in and starts spending amounts which are unsustainable in the long run, we will end up back at square one in a few years time. I would much prefer that any cash injection went straight to scouting and youth development.

I am not hopeful.