1991. Farmer transferred the club from Forth Holdings to his new company HFC Ltd after buying from its previous owners(david Duff and JIm Gray) after Forth went bust

Not quite.

Edinburgh Hibernian plc went into receivership(administration) and Farmer bought the football club part of the company, what became Hibernian Football Club Limited, from the receiver of Edinburgh Hibernian plc.

Not quite.

Edinburgh Hibernian plc went into receivership(administration) and Farmer bought the football club part of the company, what became Hibernian Football Club Limited, from the receiver of Edinburgh Hibernian plc.

How does that differ from what happened to us? The footballing part of Hibs (+ titles and history) was transferred to another company while the remainder went into receivership. Sounds rather familiar except oldco Rangers hasn't been fully wound up yet. Or am I getting this wrong?

How does that differ from what happened to us? The footballing part of Hibs (+ titles and history) was transferred to another company while the remainder went into receivership. Sounds rather familiar except oldco Rangers hasn't been fully wound up yet. Or am I getting this wrong?

Edinburgh Hibernian plc owned pubs and restaurants as well as the football club. That was what I meant by the 'football part'. I'm no expert in the legal terminology of it all, so will leave that to someone who does. There are sufficient posters keen to demonstrate that old adage of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.:)

Not quite.

i.e. the club transferred to a newco - exactly what happened to Rangers. So why weren't Hibz demoted ? their oldco went into receivership did it not ?

As I've said before being voted out the SPL by the 10 clubs was all about assumed guilt of the BTC. Now this has almost unravelled our board should be asking a few questions, at least from these 10 clubs regards their decision to vote out Rangers. Financially their decision has been catastrophic for Rangers & our board should be seeking financial recompensation from somewhere

... at least all legal means should be tested and noted ... and should any club or authority mutter discontent, that sword of Damocles will hang above them ready to strike. Sounds like blackmail, but in all honesty, none of them have the money to pay us back, none can pay us the years of dread we suffered, the loss of image we suffered, the pain we suffered and the mocking we endured ... for "nothing".

i.e. the club transferred to a newco - exactly what happened to Rangers. So why weren't Hibz demoted ? their oldco went into receivership did it not ?

As I've said before being voted out the SPL by the 10 clubs was all about assumed guilt of the BTC. Now this has almost unravelled our board should be asking a few questions, at least from these 10 clubs regards their decision to vote out Rangers. Financially their decision has been catastrophic for Rangers & our board should be seeking financial recompensation from somewhere

A better equivalent would be if mih had gone bust while they owned rangers.

• 3 weeks later...