Sources close to US billionaire George Soros rubbish claims...

.............that he is ready to buy into Gers.

EX-IBROX chief Charles Green has been linked to a £10m investment involving the American financial guru but Soros' hedge fund bosses are bemused by the reports.

SOURCES close to George Soros have rubbished claims he is ready to buy into cash-strapped Rangers.

Former chief executive Charles Green has been linked with a £10million investment involving the US-based billionaire , one of the biggest players in the world financial markets.

However, documents seen by Record Sport and passed to the Union of Fans confirm senior officials at his Soros Fund Management have been left bemused by the reports.

They insist they’ve never heard of Green, have no interest in doing business with him or any desire to invest in Rangers.

Other members of the Soros family also play the money markets but the billionaire’s dealings are all done through his powerful Fund Management group and they are denying a relationship with Green.

Soros Fund Management is one of the most successful hedge funds in the world and was founded in 1969 by Soros, who is worth an estimated £15billion. The 84-year-old is the 26th richest man on the planet.

Rangers’ board have plans to raise £4m from a share issue to ward off further financial chaos.

Union of Fans spokesman Chris Graham said: “It’s no surprise to hear Charles Green’s claims of investment from George Soros and Soros Fund Management have been rubbished.

“Most sensible people take anything Green says with a large pinch of salt.

“It would make little sense for Soros to be interested in loaning money to Rangers at this time and even less for him to make any genuine approach through a man as discredited as Green.

“A man of Soros’s means has no need of someone such as Green.

“It is time for Green to stop interfering in Rangers’ business and hopefully others can step in to clean up the mess he left.”

Green told the BBC this month: “I’ve got a number of people ready to invest in Rangers.”

Green, who yesterday posted a video of himself taking part in an ice-bucket challenge after being nominated by ex-Rangers keeper Allan McGregor, was unavailable for comment when contacted by Record Sport.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boardroom-latest-sources-close-4087794

Save giving him hits!

Green And Soros – The Truth

August 22, 2014 / billmcmurdo

I really don’t know which is sadder – the Daily Record continuing their vindictive campaign against Charles Green, or that they are doing so devoid of the facts.

The latest piece by Gary Ralston which claims that Charles Green is NOT in talks with George Soros to invest in Rangers is a poor piece of journalism, either because the Record are trying to discredit Charles Green or because their journos are just too lazy to dig deeper for facts.

Thankfully, most Rangers fans shun the Record for their blatant hostility to Rangers and many will see through this smear job on Green.

I can assure Rangers fans that Charles Green is actively seeking top-drawer investors for the club and I have seen and have in my possession documentation that rubbishes the Record’s claims.

Rangers supporters can make up their own mind about Green’s involvement at Ibrox but they should do so based on the truth, not upon agenda-driven smears.

The saddest thing about this is that there are people out there who claim to be Rangers supporters but who are actively seeking to dissuade investment into the club from people who could take Rangers to the next level.

I have had cause to praise the Record in the past for some fearless reporting. But this hatchet job on Charles Green is very much proof of falling standards in journalism here in Scotland.

Speaking of doing a number on somebody, today’s lesson is don’t mess with Vincent Tan.

The wee Cardiff owner, who is like a caricature of himself, has bided his time and delivered the ultimate head shot to Mallky Mackay’s future career prospects.

Mackay has allegedly been involved in text conversations which are racist and sexist, apparently including racial slurs on Jews.

I can think of one famous club where this would go down well but it certainly won’t endear him to clubs in the English Prem.

Mackay was showing great promise as a manager and could have followed in the footsteps of famous Scots like Ferguson, Busby and Shankly.

Instead, his indiscretion may see him robbed of this chance and he could end up back in Scotland managing a much smaller team.

Unless, of course, Hamas ever start a football team where he would be a hot favourite for the job.

On a serious note, it is sad to see Mackay’s career disintegrate in such a fashion. His and Iain Moody’s attempts to pass off the texts as “friendly banter” between them are understandable but in the PC world we live in, it’s a lame excuse.

Tan’s revenge on fans’ hero Mackay could provide a wee moral to Rangers fans who are thinking about the possible involvement of big beast investors like George Soros.

Nobody messes with these guys. They take no prisoners and take no crap from anybody.

Exactly what Rangers could be doing with, if you ask me.