These rules seriously need reviewed. UEFA should ensure that the match referee and its observer attending the fixture are fully aware of any players ineligible or suspended for the fixture and advise the clubs involved before the game takes place.

IMO UEFA rather absolves itself of its responsibilities otherwise. This is not some sort of sunday morning pub league is it?

There are hundreds of clubs involved in their competitions, and each one of them employs a match secretary to ensure that all regulations are adhered to. Aside from you being pissed off that Celtic were reinstated, why should UEFA be expected to wipe the arse of professional outfits?

There are hundreds of clubs involved in their competitions, and each one of them employs a match secretary to ensure that all regulations are adhered to. Aside from you being pissed off that Celtic were reinstated, why should UEFA be expected to wipe the arse of professional outfits?

Because UEFA are the responsible governing body and should ensure rules are adhered to. Makes a mockery of tournaments otherwise. This is the sort of thing I'd expect to happen in a sunday morning pub league

Edited by RANGERRAB

Because UEFA are the responsible governing body and should ensure rules are adhered to. Makes a mockery of tournaments otherwise. This is the sort of thing I'd expect to happen in a sunday morning pub league

No, the responsibility to act within the confines of UEFA rules lays squarely with the club and it's officials. UEFA's responsibility is for setting the rules, not mothering the club's into adherence.

The club makes a mockery of the competition by not knowing or following the rules.

IMHO you have it the wrong way round.

No, the responsibility to act within the confines of UEFA rules lays squarely with the club and it's officials. UEFA's responsibility is for setting the rules, not mothering the club's into adherence.

The club makes a mockery of the competition by not knowing or following the rules.

IMHO you have it the wrong way round.

Is it really too much to ask UEFA to advise the match referee and the UEFA observer at the game of any suspended or ineligible players for the game and to advise the clubs of this. This would eradicate any ambiguity.

Poor Tom isn't about to change his mind on the issue given he blames all involved with Rangers FC - including you and I - for what happened.

FWIW, I think VB have went about this wrongly so far but I'd be happy to be proven wrong when they finally finish this expose.

Like all journos he's desperate for the exclusive. He fell for Whyte after getting the interview and criticised Green but never for his interview. I used to enjoy trolling him on the fact that the club ignored him.

Another fine piece, D!

Tom English has certainly changed over the past couple of years, that's for sure. The problems at Ibrox and the cabal trying to destroy our Club passed him a ball and he's still running with it.

Tom English has certainly changed over the past couple of years, that's for sure. The problems at Ibrox and the cabal trying to destroy our Club passed him a ball and he's still running with it.

I wonder if it isn't just simple economics. Back when Tom English was good, it was a different media landscape. He worked for a broadsheet and would have had a degree of job security. In this environment he was able to take a loftier, more balanced view of the world and write accordingly. The last couple of years has seen a rapid change in the media landscape. The days of comfortable 'tenure' are long gone and now old Tom finds himself in an environment where he has to make sales and justify his salary. You don't make sales by presenting people with facts - you make sales by pandering, adopting positions and stirring controversy. Now, with the days of broadsheet security just a memory, Tom suddenly finds himself just a hack for hire and all he has to sell are his opinions and integrity.

But should we really be surprised ? After all there seems little excitement in journalistic circles that those in charge of Scottish Football were prepared to find Rangers guilty prior to trial as well as inflict draconian type punishments on a club which had yet to be found guilty. Morality ?

I'm glad to see the likes of Richard Wilson (BBC) concentrate on the more important and current issues within Ibrox.

IMO we need to have our eyes focused upon Ibrox rather than building up some kind of familiar 'hatethink' that only seems to serve those conducting the direction of attention and spin.

If there is something significant to divulge that has documents to back it up, then why not just put it all out there rather than drip feeding ?

Our main enemies are 'within' or around those 'within'.