I find it a bit embarrassing that people talk about inspiring substitutions today when we were able to bring on Black and Templeton who each likely earn more than the whole of the opposition.

We are Rangers, that should still count for something. With the resources at our disposal we should be winning week in week out in these leagues by a few goals with grace.

We should be ashamed that we have had to live outwith our means for the last 3 years in order to compete with part time teams mate. That to me is utterly embarrassing. It's just so wrong on so many levels. No one will ever convince me we wouldn't have got 3 consecutive promotions with a fraction of what the football side of our club has cost us. Around £40m by the time we will be back at the top tier next season. It's disgraceful if truth be told.

I find it a bit embarrassing that people talk about inspiring substitutions today when we were able to bring on Black and Templeton who each likely earn more than the whole of the opposition.

We are Rangers, that should still count for something. With the resources at our disposal we should be winning week in week out in these leagues by a few goals with grace.

Once again the opposition had inferior players but superior coaching.

We should be ashamed that we have had to live outwith our means for the last 3 years in order to compete with part time teams mate. That to me is utterly embarrassing. It's just so wrong on so many levels. No one will ever convince me we wouldn't have got 3 consecutive promotions with a fraction of what the football side of our club has cost us. Around £40m by the time we will be back at the top tier next season. It's disgraceful if truth be told.

I would imagine our current wage bill dwarves plenty Europa Cup teams. Our manager will certainly be paid more than all but the elite.

I wonder what wages CL debutants Ludogorets Razgrad pay. They'd give anyone in Scotland a doing.

Ewan Chester, Neil Murray, Bomber etc. I don't think we have ever had anything close to resembling an adequate scouting network.

I can't think of many gems we have unearthed in the past 20 years from obscurity. Gattuso perhaps? Though we dropped the ball there.

There are many different stages of which scouting is one, allbeit a vital one.

You have to consider development, coaching, evaluation, adequate opportunity etc. etc.....only when you have all stages well organised and effective with the right people in charge will you get consistent results.

Ashley cant buy the club as the sfa will veto that move so why does mister king not make a move to buy a controlling shareholding I am fed up hearing that he doesn't want to line the pockets of the present board but at the end of the day he will either have to do it or try and get the club as green did if we go into administration again and there is a chance that could happen again the way the finances are going

Ashley cant buy the club as the sfa will veto that move so why does mister king not make a move to buy a controlling shareholding I am fed up hearing that he doesn't want to line the pockets of the present board but at the end of the day he will either have to do it or try and get the club as green did if we go into administration again and there is a chance that could happen again the way the finances are going

Why cantAshley buy Rangers? Absolutely no reason as far as I can see.

King says he'll buy when there's a new share issue

• 2 weeks later...
There doesn't seem to be much between our estimates FS.

My information is that the current number is nearer 24,000 than 23,000 and I couldn't honestly say if that includes the freebies and others you mention.

You say the "Last figure (you were) aware of was 23, 500 inc the freebies; but you don't say how long ago that was.

So the difference between us may be only the freebies and/or others.

Just to bring a degree of clarity on the actual number.

On the day of the Ahmad v Rangers court case, Friday 5th of September the QC representing Rangers mentioned that 23,361 ST's had been sold to date.

Not too far out !!