It may have been speculated upon in the past, but when it actually happens then it's worthy of note.

Are you expecting them to ignore it because it's been discussed on Gersnet at least a half dozen times?

The lowest crowds for 28 years should not be ignored. The article appears to be written from a neutral viewpoint to me.

ST stand-off, King, Ashley, bottom team, second tier, early season ... you have to search long for that in the article. Likewise, you have to search long and hard for any article on Celtic's low crowds throughout these last 24 months. No-one is stopping them to write it or wants to sweep the low figures under the carpet. Yet if they do, they should not stop with half-info.

it's not to late to fix this. raise the 50 million needed to end the mediocrity. get rid of the toxic parts of the board and people will be queuing up to buy season books before our return to the top.

You'd get 5 to 10k more max ... in the real world. Obviously, we all can see a host of new quality players - manager inclusive - arriving too.

your attempt to belittle the article and stifle discussion of it is interesting.

Setting the article in a different shade than the anti-board faction likes it does not belittle it. Nor does it stop people from discussing the already discussed.

Sad to say but, I believe there is too much 'rubbernecking' & politicking going on, on BOTH sides of the fence.

Bill Shankly : "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

What ever happened to the REAL fans.............

You'd get 5 to 10k more max ... in the real world. Obviously, we all can see a host of new quality players - manager inclusive - arriving too.

Setting the article in a different shade than the anti-board faction likes it does not belittle it. Nor does it stop people from discussing the already discussed.

oh dear only 10k more. hardly worth the bother.

Sad to say but, I believe there is too much 'rubbernecking' & politicking going on, on BOTH sides of the fence.

Bill Shankly : "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

What ever happened to the REAL fans.............

Nae bother.

It has been discussed in advance - not least by certain quarters on here about half a dozen times. It whips up figures from last season (very different circumstances*) et al to underline that negative stuff and simply forgot to mention the off-field ST stand-off between certain sections of the support and the board, King's "intervention" etc.. The way they present this is essentially on par with those on here going ballistic after the Hearts game and were predicting horror and dispair for the rest of the season. Three games on they have a go at crowd figures - as the team does not exactly comply to their predictions. No wonder that they were soon out here too and poring salt into the wound. As pathetic as shooting sitting ducks ... and that is what the board remains for the time being. That article IMHO was meant to throw more dirt in our direction and some will stick. With each such article the product Rangers FC will be downgraded a little further ... and hence the rightful question (deemed irrelevant straight away) regarding the Yahoos' unreported and uncommented** dwindling crowd figures these last two seasons? Or any other top tier team's for that matter.

*We'd been in a real mess had there been a similar stand-off same time last year. For the time being, it is what it is and the board will have to deal with 25k (or whatever) ST money and will have to bridge the gap and hope for "high" crowds on the day. That is what we predicted, that is what has come to pass and I for one see only certain folk (as per usual) taken their delighted, if expected stance on matters. Sooner or later we'll fill Ibrox again.

** Is it irrelevant with regard to us? For the club a such, yes. When it comes to press standards and reports on us? Very much so!

Figures ... when we were "flying" and having quality in our side, Ibrox hosted Killie and St. Johnstone at the start of the season 2010. We attracted 45,739 and 46.109 respectively. Would you expect that same figure one division lower against the bottom team? Or matter of fact, what did you expect? Would 4 or 5k more had stopped people from writing the article and projecting financial doom. Ifs, buts and maybes again, when all know that in football business things can change rather dramatically. I did not read the name Ashley in that article either ... so all that is in there is negative stuff. If I was of the paranoid ilk, I might actually note that the Yahoos managed to lose their game at the weekend.

You ARE aware that since this same time last year that the Club has blown through even MORE money and now also has a stand-off with the fans on ST's ? What you suggest above is that, somehow, things are BETTER. So, explain to me how things are better ?

From what I see they are worse, far worse, now than they were before.

1. Spent even more money

2. Made yet another significant loss

3. Rumours abound that the Red32 sponsorship is on worse, or no better, terms than the Blackthorn deal

4. We had a sizeable pay-off to our previous CFO

5. ST monies are down.

So, if things are better this year because "We'd been in a real mess had there been a similar stand-off same time last year" - then I would like for you to put my, and countless other thousands of Bears, fears at ease. I suspect you cant. Though I love your positivity - I will deal in reality.

Maybe you read my replies again and find that "articles" and "discussion" is fine, once it is made on a level playing field. Neither the article is, nor some of the discussion. And that is indeed peculiar.

What is the level playing field ? Because they don't mention the downturn in Celtic's crowds ? I, and neither should you, give two flying f*cks as to what their crowds are because they have, at this juncture, ZERO impact on the crowds and money flowing (or otherwise) into Ibrox every other Saturday

it's not to late to fix this. raise the 50 million needed to end the mediocrity. get rid of the toxic parts of the board and people will be queuing up to buy season books before our return to the top.

It certainly seems that the malaise has well and truly begun with the fans. How much of this is "positive" for King or any other potential investors is less assured.

One has to think that the current shareholders see the attendance numbers and will start to shit themselves. These hedge funds don't like to lose money and, despite the oodles of money Green and his band have seized from the Club, most of the investors haven't. They must surely be getting worried about the financial landscape at Rangers.

The crowd didn't seem hugely different to a lot of home games last season, but the official figures were higher then because of the higher ST numbers.

The football has a bigger influence than is being made out, even many blaming the board are likely using it as a subconscious excuse

It certainly seems that the malaise has well and truly begun with the fans. How much of this is "positive" for King or any other potential investors is less assured.

One has to think that the current shareholders see the attendance numbers and will start to shit themselves. These hedge funds don't like to lose money and, despite the oodles of money Green and his band have seized from the Club, most of the investors haven't. They must surely be getting worried about the financial landscape at Rangers.

How much oodles of money have Green and his band seized from the club? Please quantify