How much oodles of money have Green and his band seized from the club? Please quantify

I don't have the time but we all know it is well into the millions - and that is just Green, Ahmad and Stockbridge.

ST stand-off, King, Ashley, bottom team, second tier, early season ... you have to search long for that in the article. Likewise, you have to search long and hard for any article on Celtic's low crowds throughout these last 24 months. No-one is stopping them to write it or wants to sweep the low figures under the carpet. Yet if they do, they should not stop with half-info.

dB certainly has a point regards Celt@c's lower crowds and the fact it isn't reported. Has anyone tried to work out how much it's costing them without us in the top division? Let's assume their average league crowds are down somewhere in the region 15k to 20k (I'd say nearer 20k as there's no OF games) but we'll go for a figure of say 18k. Let's do some maths:-

18,000 X average cost of ticket X no of home league games. (Let's use figure of £25 for ticket)

18,000 X 25 X 18 = £8.1million per season

That figure does not include hospitality, sponsorships etc they may have lost as well as others these 'lost' supporters would buy on match days such as food, programmes etc. The £8.1m figure will be well over £10m IMO. In other words they need the CL group stages just to make up this loss. You won't see this reported in the DR and such like will you?

Edited by RANGERRAB

dB certainly has a point regards Celt@c's lower crowds and the fact it isn't reported. Has anyone tried to work out how much it's costing them without us in the top division? Let's assume their average league crowds are down somewhere in the region 15k to 20k (I'd say nearer 20k as there's no OF games) but we'll go for a figure of say 18k. Let's do some maths:-

18,000 X average cost of ticket X no of home league games. (Let's use figure of £25 for ticket)

18,000 X 25 X 18 = £8.1million per season

That figure does not include hospitality, sponsorships etc they may have lost as well as others these 'lost' supporters would buy on match days such as food, programmes etc. The £8.1m figure will be well over £10m IMO. In other words they need the CL group stages just to make up this loss. You won't see this reported in the DR and such like will you?

have they hit 30k yet?

You ARE aware that since this same time last year that the Club has blown through even MORE money and now also has a stand-off with the fans on ST's ? What you suggest above is that, somehow, things are BETTER. So, explain to me how things are better ?

From what I see they are worse, far worse, now than they were before.

1. Spent even more money

2. Made yet another significant loss

3. Rumours abound that the Red32 sponsorship is on worse, or no better, terms than the Blackthorn deal

4. We had a sizeable pay-off to our previous CFO

5. ST monies are down.

So, if things are better this year because "We'd been in a real mess had there been a similar stand-off same time last year" - then I would like for you to put my, and countless other thousands of Bears, fears at ease. I suspect you cant. Though I love your positivity - I will deal in reality.

You probably misread/-understood that. So again: Had there been a similar stand-off last season from April onwards, would you think we would have signed those 9 freebies et al? And that with Division One crowds to look forward to and the squad of the previous season? I think not.

You probably misread/-understood that. So again: Had there been a similar stand-off last season from April onwards, would you think we would have signed those 9 freebies et al? And that with Division One crowds to look forward to and the squad of the previous season? I think not.

of course we would. we have signed a player today after the 31k crowd.

What is the level playing field ? Because they don't mention the downturn in Celtic's crowds ? I, and neither should you, give two flying f*cks as to what their crowds are because they have, at this juncture, ZERO impact on the crowds and money flowing (or otherwise) into Ibrox every other Saturday

See post 31.

so your asserting that despite signing 5 players this season we wouldn't have last season if things had been the same then.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You think the board would have said - after a possible 20k or less STs sales for a season in Division One - go ahead Ally and sign 9 players?