Lee Wallace concedes his chances of playing for Scotland again are very slim

An FFer remarked quite correctly:

What nonsense. Unlike the others he didn't have decent clubs after him, he would have struggled to get the same wage elsewhere and he also said he stayed for family reasons.

What he said at the time was:

My partner is expecting our first baby soon and my priority is to my family.

Greatest ever Ranger, that's funny. He's not even a great player.

What nonsense. Unlike the others he didn't have decent clubs after him, he would have struggled to get the same wage elsewhere and he also said he stayed for family reasons.

LW somewhat bucked the trend of what players would usually do in such a situation but to suggest that he suddenly becomes one of the Greatest Ever Rangers because of it, is beyond exaggeration+.

LW somewhat bucked the trend of what players would usually do in such a situation but to suggest that he suddenly becomes one of the Greatest Ever Rangers because of it, is beyond exaggeration+.

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the players that left were the ones that had decent offers.

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the players that left were the ones that had decent offers.

Decent offers plus a reasonable assumption of more uncertainty given communications (or lack of) with club (CEO/Green).

Difficult to say what happened (or not) wrt LW back in the summer of 2012 but in recent transfer windows he seems to have prioritised other things rather than money.

I have heard "Other things" being called family reasons, want of staying at Ibrox and wanting to stay to coach another team in his spare time. I'd venture it was a combination of those with possibly unknown others involved aswell.