The St Mirren game never actually got played until April, think it was called off because of a water logged pitch when it was first rescheduled for January.

Yes, I remember this. It was rescheduled for Love St mk2 midweek in January, and we were on the bus just leaving for the game when news came that the game was off. It was eventually rescheduled for very close to the end of the season, IIRC the last week where we had to cram all the games into a week or so. I think we won 1-0 when we needed to score a few to get back ahead on goal diff. Had we played them in January when we were playing well, we would have been heavy favourites to win with a much bigger margin.

First up i think the idea that we should postpone a game v east fife, rock bottom of the scottish leagues is ridiculous. Secondly i dont get overly paranoid that everyone is still,out to get us. ?

However i have read through rule g7 and rule g3 and i am not 100% sure that it is a given that the spfl have to allow a postponement. The club is entitled to apply and permission may be given. As soon as these words are used there could be a risk that it comes down to people making a judgement rather than an absolute " if you have you players in duty you can postpone a match". As much as it pains me to say it perhaps the line of setting a precedent is pertinent.

If Shiels and Mohsni were missing from the squad it would be no great loss.

Lewis MacLeod is the only one of the 3 mentioned who would be a loss to the squad, but we should have enough midfielders to cover for him against that level of opposition.

Doesn't this just sum up our manager, the club and Scottish football?

The manager is running scared.

The club is actually prepared to inconvenience fans who have stuck by it after thousands have given up season tickets.

Scottish football is happy to tolerate this situation despite the game being widely believed to be in irreversible decline.

It appears that rule G7 should be explained to Ally in that it cannot be held against us should we decide to play the East Fife game, but not play another game later in the year in a similar situation.

What irks me most about Ally's comments on this match is that he claims it would be disrespectful to East Fife if we choose to go ahead with this game but have cancelled others. I dont give a rats arse what East Fife think. If we have the chance to play a game on a Saturday afternoon rather than a midweek evening, we should be thinking of our fans first, not our opponents.

It is ok for our pampered players and staff who have all day to go to Fife, can stay overnight and return the next day or have a lie-in and go to their work later, or in most cases have the day off next day, but our fans have to take time off work to travel to watch the team, often getting home deep into the night and still requiring to be up for work a few hours later. But let's not think of them, lets make sure East Fife, with all of their 200 or so fans, don't think we are treating them lightly by playing a game without three players from our massive squad.

And he says THAT would be disrespectful. Different universe from our fans i'm afraid.

What irks me about Ally's comments on this is that the whole "it would be disrespectful to East Fife" patter is most likely a load of nonsense (to put it politely!).

This has sod all to do with being respectful to East Fife, it's about Scottish football politics and making our whole squad fully available for call-up.

If Shiels and Mohsni were missing from the squad it would be no great loss.

Lewis MacLeod is the only one of the 3 mentioned who would be a loss to the squad, but we should have enough midfielders to cover for him against that level of opposition.

We shouldn't even be playing our first team in the first place.

Rule G7 states:

There is no mention of precedent, so where does that spurious argument come from?

It goes against us ... so it is spurious. You staunchly defended UEFA for their actions against Legia too. Becomes a pattern.

I have seen how correct and up to the rules the SFA worked in 2008, how sporting integrity worked. How Regan, Doncaster, Lunny and Co. worked time and again. That same lot or their ilk is still gracing the floors of Hampden and one can believe that they changed for the better at one's own peril.

It goes against us ... so it is spurious. You staunchly defended UEFA for their actions against Legia too. Becomes a pattern.

I have seen how correct and up to the rules the SFA worked in 2008, how sporting integrity worked. How Regan, Doncaster, Lunny and Co. worked time and again. That same lot or their ilk is still gracing the floors of Hampden and one can believe that they changed for the better at one's own peril.

Which specific rules did they break in 2008 out of interest?

There certainly is a pattern. It involves me putting you straight time after time, followed by you indulging in innuendo without having the cojones to either come out and say what you really mean, or, like I have urged you to do on a few occasions now, report me to admin.