I've heard form both sides of the fence this morning who are confident that Rangers will raise the £4m in the offer.

I think it would be more of a surprise if this didn't happen.

Which leads us to the fait accompli situation of share-holding levels for AGM resolution approval vis-a-vis assets.

IMO, this will have been planned out but for what end - to hive off assets or to enable a sale of the business? That's a bit more difficult to predict.

I think it would be more of a surprise if this didn't happen.

Which leads us to the fait accompli situation of share-holding levels for AGM resolution approval vis-a-vis assets.

IMO, this will have been planned out but for what end - to hive off assets or to enable a sale of the business? That's a bit more difficult to predict.

I agree that any investor who is still on board at least to see if value can be restored in the SPL/Europe will not want to see their holding diluted.

The sale strategy, as you say, is very difficult to predict but will be a function of the ongoing risk and potential reward.

I've heard form both sides of the fence this morning who are confident that Rangers will raise the £4m in the offer.

Could you or someone with enough business background "whip up" possible scenarios? As in, who might buy these shares and what outcome this might have, e.g. with a dark horse, Ashley or Laxey as buyers.

Could you or someone with enough business background "whip up" possible scenarios? As in, who might buy these shares and what outcome this might have, e.g. with a dark horse, Ashley or Laxey as buyers.

I'll make some enquiries but right now I think that most if not all the major players will give it a "last throw of the dice" (as I said yesterday) and that Ashley may well be the one to sweep up any "rights" (and I know that technically it's not a "rights issue") not taken up, which I think will be mostly the individual shareholders, who either can't afford it or fear getting burned again, so perhaps 10%-20%.

I don't see a dark horse any more than I see a knight in shining armour riding to the rescue. That said I'm told that the degree of in fighting is such that anything or anyone could happen even Mr Somesuch!