I've been one prepared to give this board a fair chance but this is the last act of deperation in trying to raise such a small amount required to run the business over such a short period of time. After this money runs out what next?

They have to go as it is now clear they will not have the funds available to them the club will need to go forward over the next few years. A buyer needs to be found ASAP.

I am more than happy to leave that to your expert analysis.

Just thought I'd interject here because at the time of the IPO, there wasn't enough attention directed towards the political side and how that would ultimeatly effect how monies raised were spent.

Well, the Eurojackpot stands at Euro 43m over here right now. Will be off buying a ticket in no time ...

Essentially, since they have to be clear about this, isn't this a statement to the stockmarket that you would expect after the financial forecast and the projected sale of those 43m "in-house" shares? We can do little more than see and wait and you would hope that - for the time being - someone steps forward and buys those shares sooner rather than later. Ashley anyone?

So you still maintaining those who were warning of impending financial catastrophe are merely "doomsayers"?

Just asking like.

By the way is that the same Ashley who could sanction the release of the £2.7m mentioned on the announcement and make it payable to the club immediately?

I think that would be true in a large share offer but the costs of producing a prospectus (if indeed that is required here?) and the legal advice, admin involved etc will be a greater proportion of the amount raised in a small share issue I suspect.

I seem to remember Wallace(?) commenting that there would be no need for one when the total was under 5m Euros, indeed it was claimed to be one of the reasons for using that figure.

So you still maintaining those who were warning of impending financial catastrophe are merely "doomsayers"?

Just asking like.

By the way is that the same Ashley who could sanction the release of the £2.7m mentioned on the announcement and make it payable to the club immediately?

After what we have been through, nobody should be able to call fans 'doomsayers' with a straight face.

Just thought I'd interject here because at the time of the IPO, there wasn't enough attention directed towards the political side and how that would ultimeatly effect how monies raised were spent.

I think you mean "affect" rather than "effect" but that aside as I said, I'm more than happy to bow to your far superior knowledge of all these matters political, financial and any other wise.

I seem to remember Wallace(?) commenting that there would be no need for one when the total was under 5m Euros, indeed it was claimed to be one of the reasons for using that figure.

"In line with the exemption to the European Union Prospectus Directive the possible equity issue would be for not more than an aggregate EUR5m and would avoid the costs of preparing a prospectus."

http://rangers.g3dhosting.com/regulatory_news_article/386