So you still maintaining those who were warning of impending financial catastrophe are merely "doomsayers"?

Just asking like.

By the way is that the same Ashley who could sanction the release of the £2.7m mentioned on the announcement and make it payable to the club immediately?

Where do you get that from? Not from my reply. The "irony" here actually is that people wanted to bomb the board out for one reason or another, trying the not buying STs route this summer for starters. That this would harm the operation of the business (more than the "leeches" draining the club dry) was apparently secondary. The board said that it might have dire consequences and now that this has come to pass, what we and those boycot'ers stare at is a possible finance problem. Projected by the board, wanted by those who boycot'ed. 1+1=2 Suffer will the club. What I do not expect is that it will have the same dire effects as 2012, as far more parties are involved than one chairman and majority shareholder (without money). And neither of those want the club go bust and their investment to vanish.

Doomsayers ... well, I take it you go back as far as Murray, Whyte and Co. here. No-one had any greater info back then, nor does many have now. Coming around now after watching your predictions come to pass is nice (as hindsight always is), but you sure have higher standards than that. What I maintain saying is that various things can happen from now on, so simply projecting all-impending doom is not exactly realistic.

As for Ashley, he'd not be my first choice, but perhaps you can name someone or some company willing to invest instead? By the looks of it, he's the only one out there instantly able to help ... if he is inclined to do so.

Can anyone make an educated projection regards how long this amount of money (if raised in full) would keep the lights on for ?

Christmas? That's how I see it and I expect insolvency unless King gets the right price or Ibrox is sold and leased back. UoF will have to double their efforts to ensure the sale and lease back is as toxic as they can possibly make it.

Where do you get that from? Not from my reply. The "irony" here actually is that people wanted to bomb the board out for one reason or another, trying the not buying STs route this summer for starters. That this would harm the operation of the business (more than the "leeches" draining the club dry) was apparently secondary. The board said that it might have dire consequences and now that this has come to pass, what we and those boycot'ers stare at is a possible finance problem. Projected by the board, wanted by those who boycot'ed. 1+1=2 Suffer will the club. What I do not expect is that it will have the same dire effects as 2012, as far more parties are involved than one chairman and majority shareholder (without money). And neither of those want the club go bust and their investment to vanish.

Doomsayers ... well, I take it you go back as far as Murray, Whyte and Co. here. No-one had any greater info back then, nor does many have now. Coming around now after watching your predictions come to pass is nice (as hindsight always is), but you sure have higher standards than that. What I maintain saying is that various things can happen from now on, so simply projecting all-impending doom is not exactly realistic.

As for Ashley, he'd not be my first choice, but perhaps you can name someone or some company willing to invest instead? By the looks of it, he's the only one out there instantly able to help ... if he is inclined to do so.

If we'd sold 36,000 season tickets the club would still be facing 'dire consequences'. Decreased ticket sales have just brought the process forward.

Can anyone make an educated projection regards how long this amount of money (if raised in full) would keep the lights on for ?

Assuming full subscription, the Company will require additional external funding in the latter half of the current financial year in order to meet working capital requirements as a result of the cyclical nature of its business. At the minimum level of subscription additional working capital will be required towards the end of the current calendar year.

Not very long. Desperation.

Christmas? That's how I see it and I expect insolvency unless King gets the right price or Ibrox is sold and leased back. UoF will have to double their efforts to ensure the sale and lease back is as toxic as they can possibly make it.

The UoF will be the ones who will be labelled as toxic if/when such a plan is to be carried out. The PR machine will hit top speed.

Doomsayers ... well, I take it you go back as far as Murray, Whyte and Co. here. No-one had any greater info back then, nor does many have now. Coming around now after watching your predictions come to pass is nice (a shindisght always is), but you sure have higher standards than that. What I maintain saying is that various things can happen from now on, so simply projecting all-impending doom is not exactly realistic.

That just blew the fuse on my Troll Alert System.

Try reading your own post history sometime it's worth it for the unintended humour value alone.

What part of...

The Company had an unaudited cash balance of £4.258 million at 30 June 2014. Included in this unaudited cash balance is £2.72 million relating to Rangers Retail Limited, which is not immediately available as working capital to the Group as a whole.
....are you have trouble understanding? It effectively means Ashley is withholding £2.72 million of the Companies money.

If we'd sold 36,000 season tickets the club would still be facing 'dire consequences'. Decreased ticket sales have just brought the process forward.

Isn't that more like "maintaining the going concern status", rather than dire consequences? Not that the former is much better than the latter. In any case, the boycot did not help the financial footing of the club and I still deem it a bit rich that those boycotting slag the current board for not doing enough or not looking for investment - which obviously no-one can verify.

I don't think (or rather guess) Xmas will be far off the mark and yes, I think we get closer to the time when sp.ivs will look to position/extract value from the assets in one way or another.

The sp.ivs will have options covered and there will be real pain of some kind, even if that were in part, to be to a bank account in South Africa.

Wouldn't surprise me if attempts were made to drag the whole thing out longer so as to keep sucking out money with assets going one by one. Pain being the Chinese drip by drip path to a darker place.