I received an email from them yesterday,

We are contacting you on behalf of Rangers First as we understand you are a current shareholder in Rangers International Football Club plc per a publicly available list of shareholders.

I am not a current shareholder, so I am wondering where they got my details from?

I received an email from them yesterday,
We are contacting you on behalf of Rangers First as we understand you are a current shareholder in Rangers International Football Club plc per a publicly available list of shareholders.

I am not a current shareholder, so I am wondering where they got my details from?

That's a strange one!

I agree with a lot of what you're saying TB, but we need to deal in the reality of the here and now, not in ifs or what ifs.

The reality is that almost 20 million shares are set to be issued on top of the 65.8 million already issued, so that will be approximately 85.8 million shares.

If 30,000 fans each gave Rangers First a tenner tomorrow that would raise £300,000 which would only be enough to buy 1.5 million of the 20 million new shares.

There isn't any way to buy a large number of these new shares via a tenner a month direct debit.

Regarding similar schemes run by smaller clubs, they are often run by the clubs themselves and by people running the clubs who are trusted fans of the club, not by independent fan groups or organisations. At the very least, I'm pretty sure that most of the successful trust & society schemes at smaller clubs will actually be endorsed by the club, if not run by it.

I understand there have been discussions with High Net Worth Individuals about them buying the maximum possible number of shares for Rangers First, to be repaid from future membership donations.

They are also selling life memberships for £500. 1872 of those would generate the best part of £1m.

Others may be content to stand back and watch events unfold, but despite being absolutely clear about the risks involved, I choose to do what I can now.

I understand there have been discussions with High Net Worth Individuals about them buying the maximum possible number of shares for Rangers First, to be repaid from future membership donations.

They are also selling life memberships for £500. 1872 of those would generate the best part of £1m.

Others may be content to stand back and watch events unfold, but despite being absolutely clear about the risks involved, I choose to do what I can now.

Rangers First isn't intent on achieving fan ownership. It wants fan involvement - not ownership. It wants a stake in the game, but only as a fringe player.

A poster on here told me that he had invested in Rangers First specifically because it wasn't about fan ownership. I believe very strongly in fan ownership, but not as Rangers First apparently sees it.

Rangers First isn't intent on achieving fan ownership. It wants fan involvement - not ownership. It wants a stake in the game, but only as a fringe player.

A poster on here told me that he had invested in Rangers First specifically because it wasn't about fan ownership. I believe very strongly in fan ownership, but not as Rangers First apparently sees it.

In their own words: "The primary aim of Rangers First is to purchase a substantial shareholding in Rangers FC and thereafter to ensure a stable financial future where all funds generated by the club, Rangers FC and the fans are reinvested in the football club."

Sounds like they aspire to being more than a fringe player to me.

Genuine fan influence doesn't require a 51% holding, which is probably why "ownership" isn't the stated goal.

In their own words: "The primary aim of Rangers First is to purchase a substantial shareholding in Rangers FC and thereafter to ensure a stable financial future where all funds generated by the club, Rangers FC and the fans are reinvested in the football club."

Sounds like they aspire to being more than a fringe player to me.

Genuine fan influence doesn't require a 51% holding, which is probably why "ownership" isn't the stated goal.

That's a very poor statement.

A 'substantial shareholding' could mean anything. It seems to be deliberately vague in an era where people are crying out for transparency and clear intent.

Either this organisation doesn't know what it wants or it is struggling to make its position clear. Statements like the above are too vague to be meaningful, which makes the organisation hard to take seriously. To be honest, it doesn't seem to know what it is selling.

When people who have signed up to it are stating publicly that it is not about fan ownership while others are trying to give the impression that it is, something isn't right.

Why don't you ask them?

They are very responsive on Twitter.

Personally I disagree that it's a poor statement. Their objective is fan influence, which doesn't require full ownership per se. In their material they outline the rights conveyed by attaining various percentage shareholdings and their first goal is 5%. I think it's important that their goals seem achievable, so breaking it down like that makes perfect sense.