Who are those who care and have the funds? Every Rangers man/Rangers minded saviour have been found wanting since David Murray put us up for sale a decade ago. If these people care so much for the club why not just buy the club outright? No powershares, no investments, get rid of those you don't trust. Show them your money.

I have to say, I think it's a good thing that we have this Union of Fans to speak out in a reasonably informed way on these important and contentious matters.

It's not perfect, but it is doing a fairly good job in difficult circumstances.

Who are those who care and have the funds? Every Rangers man/Rangers minded saviour have been found wanting since David Murray put us up for sale a decade ago. If these people care so much for the club why not just buy the club outright? No powershares, no investments, get rid of those you don't trust. Show them your money.

Would you commit £30-£50m and probably more of your own money towards turning Rangers around? Would you want to become a public figure overnight to be hated and despised by one half of Glasgow and lauded by the other until, inevitably, the honeymoon period ended and you consistently failed to measure up to the expectations of those who once respected you.

If you did, I suspect that your whole outlook on Rangers would change when you experienced life at the helm. Being told constantly to defend the club; to spend more of your own money, to start a near civil war with Celtic and the SFA - really, what business person needs this in their lives?

Rangers, rightly or wrongly, has a dismal reputation now. I suspect that there are people who could have helped, who probably once imagined that giving financial support would have been an easy decision, but who found themselves keeping both hands in their pockets when 2012 came along, and who have no regrets whatsoever about steering well clear.

Would you commit £30-£50m and probably more of your own money towards turning Rangers around? Would you want to become a public figure overnight to be hated and despised by one half of Glasgow and lauded by the other until, inevitably, the honeymoon period ended and you consistently failed to measure up to the expectations of those who once respected you.

If you did, I suspect that your whole outlook on Rangers would change when you experienced life at the helm. Being told constantly to defend the club; to spend more of your own money, to start a near civil war with Celtic and the SFA - really, what business person needs this in their lives?

Rangers, rightly or wrongly, has a dismal reputation now. I suspect that there are people who could have helped, who probably once imagined that giving financial support would have been an easy decision, but who found themselves keeping both hands in their pockets when 2012 came along, and who have no regrets whatsoever about steering well clear.

I wouldn't think twice. Surely they could appoint people to do what fans are asking. Paul McBrides, Peter Liewells, John Parks, media buddies etc etc.

I hear what you are saying Hildy and i understand it 100% but you asked me and i would buy our club without hesitation if i had the means. I like to think i know what is wrong and what needs fixed and i am sure it is in line with the majority.

I would like to think that not stepping up and paying in 2011, not 12, is eating those people you speak of up inside. They stood by and watched our club be whored around people who had no place anywhere near it and done nothing but scaremonger, talk, scaremonger and talk. The people with the supposed means and will should be ashamed of themselves imo.

I wouldn't think twice. Surely they could appoint people to do what fans are asking. Paul McBrides, Peter Liewells, John Parks, media buddies etc etc.

I hear what you are saying Hildy and i understand it 100% but you asked me and i would buy our club without hesitation if i had the means. I like to think i know what is wrong and what needs fixed and i am sure it is in line with the majority.

I would like to think that not stepping up and paying in 2011, not 12, is eating those people you speak of up inside. They stood by and watched our club be whored around people who had no place anywhere near it and done nothing but scaremonger, talk, scaremonger and talk. The people with the supposed means and will should be ashamed of themselves imo.

Very much so. Likewise, I'd like to know how the board could have taken this 30m funding package? Business-wise.

Very much so. Likewise, I'd like to know how the board could have taken this 30m funding package? Business-wise.

They could have tried to convince the major shareholders that the company taking a large cash injection from Dave King for a controlling interest via newly issued shares was in the best interests of the company from stability & longevity viewpoints and that if they backed the decision via an EGM and related resolutions, that their shares would be massively diluted, but almost certain to rocket back up in value while securing the company (and Club's) future.

I believe you, SC, but you must realise that when people succeed in their lives to this extent, the change that would come from buying Rangers is huge and potentially very disruptive.

Yes, people can be appointed to pull strings, but the profile that goes with being Rangers kingpin can compromise other business areas and intrude into personal life.

David Murray loved it, but would he do it in 2014 if he could be that younger man again? Rangers was a great acquisition when he bought it, but it's not a great acquisition any more.

Today's thrusting young Scottish entrepreneurs will not be drawn to Rangers as readily as David Murray was, which is a shame, but it's a sign of the times.

It's not just fame that goes with the Rangers gig, it's infamy too, and many don't need the hassle - or the large and inevitably expanding hole in their bank balance.