I don't think he was meaning 'new club' when he was talking about a new motto. I think we are so damaged by this repeated accusation that we are a tad over-sensitive when we see expressions like the above.

Leaving that to one side, though, it amazes me how we quickly go on the defensive when justifiably critical articles are published.

Perhaps we have seen so many despicable ones that we just can't tell the difference any more.

In case anyone hasn't noticed or is maybe kidding themselves that we are on the mend, Rangers is now widely perceived to be a joke. Even non-football people are aware that the club has shed its immortality and special place in our country and become the poster club for all that is wrong with football, especially Scottish football; business, especially business linked to football; and football fans, particularly Rangers fans.

The level of dysfunctionality is staggering, from the board to the fanbase, and even little old ladies who never utter a word about football know it.

'What has happened to your club' they say, along with, 'Why can't the fans do something'.

Aunties and grannies know perfectly well what we prefer not to - Rangers has fallen so far from grace that it will never fully recover.

I disagree because in the context he was deliberately referring to Rangers as a new club, albeit in a subtle manner.

Being subtle about suggesting such things doesn't make the suggestion 'much ado about nothing' though because these chip chip suggestions are what our Club's enemies trade in on a daily basis.

I think you can rest easy on this one, bud. He begins that sentence with "Other clubs coming back from the brink", implying that we are one club amongst other who have come back from the brink, so not one which went over the brink, thus not a new club. There is a degree of ambiguity in the sentence, but in this case I think it's unintentional.

I don't think he was meaning 'new club' when he was talking about a new motto. I think we are so damaged by this repeated accusation that we are a tad over-sensitive when we see expressions like the above.

Leaving that to one side, though, it amazes me how we quickly go on the defensive when justifiably critical articles are published.

Perhaps we have seen so many despicable ones that we just can't tell the difference any more.

In case anyone hasn't noticed or is maybe kidding themselves that we are on the mend, Rangers is now widely perceived to be a joke. Even non-football people are aware that the club has shed its immortality and special place in our country and become the poster club for all that is wrong with football, especially Scottish football; business, especially business linked to football; and football fans, particularly Rangers fans.

The level of dysfunctionality is staggering, from the board to the fanbase, and even little old ladies who never utter a word about football know it.

'What has happened to your club' they say, along with, 'Why can't the fans do something'.

Aunties and grannies know perfectly well what we prefer not to - Rangers has fallen so far from grace that it will never fully recover.

No sir, you can stick that idea.

As long as Rangers are their support then we will always recover. We have seen these temporary aberrations in fan disaffection before, but you will not sow the seed that we are finished.

Granted, this time it is different. But someway, somehow this board and their backers will be overturned and the support WILL have their team back.

WE ARE RANGERS, and don't you forget that.

As long as Rangers are their support then we will always recover. We have seen these temporary aberrations in fan disaffection before, but you will not sow the seed that we are finished.

Granted, this time it is different. But someway, somehow this board and their backers will be overturned and the support WILL have their team back.

Answer me this:

Will Rangers' future be as glorious as its past?

Answer me this:

Will Rangers' future be as glorious as its past?

Not with your kind of support it won't.

One thing's for sure, for them to have a future the fans need to continue to support them.

And that means through good times and bad times.

You can't even be consistent with your views. In a post from you the other day you stated that when we went into administration you were worried that there wouldn't be a club to support, so what is it to be?

Not with your kind of support it won't.

One thing's for sure, for them to have a future the fans need to continue to support them.

And that means through good times and bad times.

If you and I had met up in Manchester in 2008, and if we'd been discussing Rangers over a beer, if I had said to you that I believed Rangers were in danger of going bust due to being part of someone's business empire, I suspect that you'd have come away with 'WE ARE RANGERS - it can't happen: it would never be allowed to happen: why are we even discussing it?'

It is this attitude that has led us to where we are. The cynics and the doomsayers were right all along. It is those who refused to listen, and who perpetuated the myth that Rangers could never collapse, who let the club down.

If we ever flourish again, it will be because the misty-eyed guff that naive perennial optimists cling to has been swept aside and replaced by enterprise, vision, sound planning and accountability.

Sadly, at the moment, this day looks like being a long way away.

Never mind, though - we are Rangers . . .

You can't even be consistent with your views. In a post from you the other day you stated that when we went into administration you were worried that there wouldn't be a club to support, so what is it to be?

Went back thirty days and did not find the quote you speak of so I'll leave you to produce it.