If you and I had met up in Manchester in 2008, and if we'd been discussing Rangers over a beer, if I had said to you that I believed Rangers were in danger of going bust due to being part of someone's business empire, I suspect that you'd have come away with 'WE ARE RANGERS - it can't happen: it would never be allowed to happen: why are we even discussing it?'

It is this attitude that has led us to where we are. The cynics and the doomsayers were right all along. It is those who refused to listen, and who perpetuated the myth that Rangers could never collapse, who let the club down.

If we ever flourish again, it will be because the misty-eyed guff that naive perennial optimists cling to has been swept aside and replaced by enterprise, vision, sound planning and accountability.

Sadly, at the moment, this day looks like being a long way away.

Never mind, though - we are Rangers . . .

That's a whole lot of made up bullshit. One thing is certain, without the support there will be no Rangers. The support will always be here because no doubt they will puke on the utter drivel you would have them believe.

How do you think we got this far? Little sp*vs playing money games? You are good at spreading doom and gloom but absolutely nothing positive. They know there are problems to be dealt with, but they also know your high school logic is not the way to go forward. Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure out of daily droning on about the very near demise and destruction of Rangers?

As I said before , stick it, the support doesn't want to hear it. They want a way forward, not that they are beat before they start.

And right on cue, Ian posts a column from Bill Leckie preaching the same give-up, debilitating stuff as yourself. I'm sure the support will listen to him too !!

Went back thirty days and did not find the quote you speak of so I'll leave you to produce it.

Happy to oblige. Here is the exchange:

Three years away from the top tier is an eternity. Before the implosion, we had fans suggesting that the League Cup should be abolished or for under 21 teams only. Now, the winning of it would be lauded as one of our greatest triumphs. Before the implosion, we had fans dismissing the UEFA Cup as the Thursday Cup - a poor man's CL. Now, just being in it would be hailed as an achievement.

Before the implosion, we thought we were invincible. Now, at last, the penny has finally dropped. We're not, and we never were.

This romantic journey has been notable for one thing only - the complete absence of romance.

We still have a club. Romance enough.

That's melodrama, not romance. There was always going to be a club.

You knew that, did you?

Of course.

Did you think that everyone would just take up knitting or golf to while away the hours and hours that they spent watching Rangers each week?

No. I thought they might pick up the cues from your friends that keep telling us Scottish football is dead and that we should go to England and watch a decent game.

That's a whole lot of made up bullshit. One thing is certain, without the support there will be no Rangers. The support will always be here because no doubt they will puke on the utter drivel you would have them believe.

How do you think we got this far? Little sp*vs playing money games? You are good at spreading doom and gloom but absolutely nothing positive. They know there are problems to be dealt with, but they also know your high school logic is not the way to go forward. Do you get some kind of perverse pleasure out of daily droning on about the very near demise and destruction of Rangers?

As I said before , stick it, the support doesn't want to hear it. They want a way forward, not that they are beat before they start.

And right on cue, Ian posts a column from Bill Leckie preaching the same give-up, debilitating stuff as yourself. I'm sure the support will listen to him too !!

:ost:

Your head is that deep in the sand that you'll have an Aussie accent soon.

Not only that but your attitude and logic is what will ensure the club fades away. The type of logic that has characterised many of the loyal followers of Whyte and Green doctrine.

Most of the support want rid of leeching sp.ivs because until this happens our way forward as you put it will be 1 step forward and then 2 back.

There are certainly risks everywhere you look but the one sure thing is that if the sp.ivs stay in executive control, they will position assets and extract value until we have faded away.

I'm preaching the only positive that has a chance of making us a better club - fan ownership.

I'm a member of the RST and a member of BuyRangers. We should all be supporting the RST's BuyRangers scheme if we want the club to be in the only hands that will truly care for it.

Shouting 'we are Rangers' and imagining that this bestows some kind of immortality on the club is old-fashioned, outdated and the most outrageous form of wishful thinking imaginable.

If you believe in the Rangers support, join BuyRangers and empower it. Let's replace crowing about being the people's club to actually being the people's club.

:ost:

Your head is that deep in the sand that you'll have an Aussie accent soon.

Not only that but your attitude and logic is what will ensure the club fades away. The type of logic that has characterised many of the loyal followers of Whyte and Green doctrine.

Most of the support want rid of leeching sp.ivs because until this happens our way forward as you put it will be 1 step forward and then 2 back.

There are certainly risks everywhere you look but the one sure thing is that if the sp.ivs stay in executive control, they will position assets and extract value until we have faded away.

What are you on about? In post #44 I've said that the sp*vs and their backers need to be overturned.

I'm preaching the only positive that has a chance of making us a better club - fan ownership.

I'm a member of the RST and a member of BuyRangers. We should all be supporting the RST's BuyRangers scheme if we want the club to be in the only hands that will truly care for it.

Shouting 'we are Rangers' and imagining that this bestows some kind of immortality on the club is old-fashioned, outdated and the most outrageous form of wishful thinking imaginable.

If you believe in the Rangers support, join BuyRangers and empower it. Let's replace crowing about being the people's club to actually being the people's club.

So now we find your true motivation. One of the Grandmaster's little soldiers.

For weeks now you have been feeding us this fatalistic propaganda about the slow death of Rangers only to come out with your salespitch when you deem the time is right.

No thanks, mister. I don't need your bullshit, I've seen snakeoil salesmen in action before. Don't be telling me I should be hooking up with the RST.

I have no objection to fan ownership, in fact I think it is probably the way forward in the end. First we get rid of the sp*vs and their backers. But I'll tell you one thing, there is not a chance in hell I will hook up with anything to do with RST.

Any suspicions about RST were confirmed on here a while back by BH.

Do you think that by cutting the fans belief in Rangers as a team the way it now stands, that you can then come in and try and sell us on your brand of salvation? I consider that to be a phony supporter.

Your little cabal has in my opinion, done more to split the support than any other.

I'll wait for a plan that unites the fans and that has trusted personnel, in my eyes, in key positions.