Here's how Walter Smith saw it in 2009:

With all respect to Walter, he doesn't indicate how this league will be funded. If Aberdeen win the Scottish league and they win a playoff to join this league, does that mean there would be three Scottish teams in the league? If this happened each year, from any country, then the league would become unbalanced. I'm assuming that Aberdeen don't have to play Rangers and C1888c, since they would have come first and second in the league (lol).

As far as entering a reserve side in Scottish football, ask Elfideldo how the support is for the young teams.

I fancy we could have this same discussion in another five years, assuming we survive financially.

With all respect to Walter, he doesn't indicate how this league will be funded. If Aberdeen win the Scottish league and they win a playoff to join this league, does that mean there would be three Scottish teams in the league? If this happened each year, from any country, then the league would become unbalanced. I'm assuming that Aberdeen don't have to play Rangers and C1888c, since they would have come first and second in the league (lol).

As far as entering a reserve side in Scottish football, ask Elfideldo how the support is for the young teams.

I fancy we could have this same discussion in another five years, assuming we survive financially.

Details have to be hammered out about exactly how it would work, but right now, no progress is being made because no-one is talking about it.

A successful formula can be easily worked out but someone has to take the initiative.

As it is unlikely to be us, it might as well be Celtic, but that's not healthy for Rangers. We should be leading - not fiddling as the flames grow higher.

Details have to be hammered out about exactly how it would work, but right now, no progress is being made because no-one is talking about it.

A successful formula can be easily worked out but someone has to take the initiative.

As it is unlikely to be us, it might as well be Celtic, but that's not healthy for Rangers. We should be leading - not fiddling as the flames grow higher.

I think McMurdo agrees with you on leadership ...

http://wp.me/piQqg-1pJ

That is a romantic idea, support your local club and all.

A rather heinous idea too in saying "give up the team you have loved for 30odd or more years" because of the current regime - a regime that will sooner or later be replaced, as was Marlborough, Holmes, Murray, Whyte et al. And go to your small local club and enjoy the pub football that has been on offer there for the last 40odd years. Your pounds will ensure that they will become better and grow and one day might end up in a whole different world (i.e. a league or two above their current biotope). And there - sure as hell - is no chance that your local club might be taken over by such reckless individuals like we see at Ibrox these days. (And should they be, you could obviously switch to an even more local team or indeed start kicking the round thing yourself!)

During our return to the top the Bluenoses have sure ended up financing the lower league teams better than 5 to 10 years of SFL, SPL, and SPFL money would have done. And this money was sure well invested by those clubs, wasn't it? Only a few teams did not participate here and stare at financial losses galore. Teams that to a "man" voted us out of the SPL. But you have to give it to Leckie, he strung a neat cord with that "local" stuff ...

Sidenote: given that the SFA/SPFL has moved quite a few of our home games to Fridays and Mondays, we are sure down to our more local supporters anyways, at least at times.

In truth the "blue pound" was equivalent to about one season's worth of SFL money to each club and most spent it on long overdue ground improvements etc.

Also the SFA & the SPFL have not moved our games the TV companies have done that.