Regarding Mike Ashley, the question of dual club ownership and the rumoured '10% rule', for anyone interested in reading the exact rules in the current 2014/15 SFA Handbook (Articles of Association/rules & regulations) just have a quick read of Article number 13. titled "Dual interests in clubs" which starts on page 90 of the Handbook PDF document.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2014-15/Handbook%202014-15..pdf

I had posted this in another thread, but moved the post into a new thread here because it warrants it's own thread and discussion.

Basically, after again reading journos in the Scottish media referring to an SFA rule on dual ownership of clubs which would prohibit Mike Ashley from having more than a 10% share in Rangers I thought I would check the relevant section of rules and regulations in the latest SFA Handbook for the 2014/15 season and found that there is no mention of any 10% rule at all.

There is however, a 3% rule outlined in Article 13.3 pictured in the screenshot below.......

c50Udhp.png

Edited by Zappa

Hasn't Roman Abramovitch owned both Chelsea & CSKA Moscow simultaneously?

Doesn't the Italian who owns UDINESE also own Watford & Grenada?

Looks like we could be heading for more hostlities with Rhegan's SFA if Ashley tries to buy Rangers. Can't wait

Hasn't Roman Abramovitch owned both Chelsea & CSKA Moscow simultaneously?

Doesn't the Italian who owns UDINESE also own Watford & Grenada?

Looks like we could be heading for more hostlities with Rhegan's SFA if Ashley tries to buy Rangers. Can't wait

We need to look to other Scottish clubs for examples of any kind of precedent, but even if we were to look at the Romanov/Hearts/Kaunas situation, it's clear that the SFA and SPFL have been changing very specific sections of their rules & regs over the past couple of years, particularly sections in relation to insolvency & ownership.

At the end of the day, any final decision would be completely at the SFA's discretion and they could essentially do whatever pleases them.

We need to look to other Scottish clubs for examples of any kind of precedent, but even if we were to look at the Romanov/Hearts/Kaunas situation, it's clear that the SFA and SPFL have been changing very specific sections of their rules & regs over the past couple of years, particularly sections in relation to insolvency & ownership.

At the end of the day, any final decision would be completely at the SFA's discretion and they could essentially do whatever pleases them.

not if RANGERS appealed to UEFA or CAS on the basis of one set of rules in one country being different from another. I'd have thought cross border ownership rules would have been a UEFA ruling.

I had posted this in another thread, but moved the post into a new thread here because it warrants it's own thread and discussion.

Basically, after again reading journos in the Scottish media referring to an SFA rule on dual ownership of clubs which would prohibit Mike Ashley from having more than a 10% share in Rangers I thought I would check the relevant section of rules and regulations in the latest SFA Handbook for the 2014/15 season and found that there is no mention of any 10% rule at all.

There is however, a 3% rule outlined in Article 13.3 pictured in the screenshot below.......

c50Udhp.png

He is already over that threshold. Strange.

not if RANGERS appealed to UEFA or CAS on the basis of one set of rules in one country being different from another. I'd have thought cross border ownership rules would have been a UEFA ruling.

No, they are not. UEFA has it's own rules, as do the different associations and leagues.

He is already over that threshold. Strange.

Exactly, so when journos are citing a 10% rule that isn't there in the SFA Handbook, it begs the question, have the rules just recently been changed for the release of the 2014/15 SFA Handbook?