I'd want about 3/1, rating your chances at around 25%. If you get home draws, I'm sure you can prevail against any scottish team. Motherwell? - knocked out by Icelandic part timers! I know the jambos turned you over but replay the game 10 times, I think you'd be lucky to lose twice.

Aberdeen or celtic away would be a problem, everyone else you have a great chance of knocking out.

You might be involved in a glamour tie against newcastle or man Utd next August. best case admittedly. Back in the big time. The pain will end sometime. Kris Boyd is too good for Scottish teams. Give him the ball in the penalty area. That's all that matters football wise.

What are the chances of Rangers competing in the Champions League proper in the next ten years?

Could a poorly-managed Rangers negotiate three qualifiers? Could it win the league to even get that far?

We could slip into the Europa Cup perhaps, but the CL looks like becoming a much rarer event for Rangers - and maybe Celtic too - than was perhaps imagined a year or two ago.

I see the uppers are working BH.

Are you in the "we have the squad capable of getting into Europe" camp ? Or have you suddenly won the Euro Lottery and are funding the tens of millions of quid we need invested in our squad to be even remotely close to being a contender for a European spot ?

Neither.

If I win the Campsie lottery I think I could probably buy the club right now.

I'd want about 3/1, rating your chances at around 25%. If you get home draws, I'm sure you can prevail against any scottish team. Motherwell? - knocked out by Icelandic part timers! I know the jambos turned you over but replay the game 10 times, I think you'd be lucky to lose twice.

Aberdeen or celtic away would be a problem, everyone else you have a great chance of knocking out.

You might be involved in a glamour tie against newcastle or man Utd next August. best case admittedly. Back in the big time. The pain will end sometime. Kris Boyd is too good for Scottish teams. Give him the ball in the penalty area. That's all that matters football wise.

No offence meant, but every post of yours comes across as you taking the piss. Probably just me. :)

No not at all rangersitis. I appreciate gersnet and wouldn't ever troll it. I used to be an avid newspaper reader but the quality of journalism now isn't as good as on some blogs imo. My routine is scotsman, hibbies bounce, newsnowhibs, cqn, gersnet, AFC chat, jambos kickback, with the guardian thrown in sometimes.

I must say AFC chat is awful. Rangers media is mostly absolutely horrible and I can't read it anymore.

i have more respect for your views than any journalists'.

Best writing ever on football was 'The Absolute game' fanzine. I guess i grew up with fanzines and have progressed to blogs.

Serious about your chances in the cup. Thought some performances have been cohesive recently. At ibrox you will be a handful for anyone.

No not at all rangersitis. I appreciate gersnet and wouldn't ever troll it. I used to be an avid newspaper reader but the quality of journalism now isn't as good as on some blogs imo. My routine is scotsman, hibbies bounce, newsnowhibs, cqn, gersnet, AFC chat, jambos kickback, with the guardian thrown in sometimes.

I must say AFC chat is awful. Rangers media is mostly absolutely horrible and I can't read it anymore.

i have more respect for your views than any journalists'.

Best writing ever on football was 'The Absolute game' fanzine. I guess i grew up with fanzines and have progressed to blogs.

Serious about your chances in the cup. Thought some performances have been cohesive recently. At ibrox you will be a handful for anyone.

Fair enough.

Man U ? This season ? Newcastle could finish above them with the formation LVG is deploying. Southampton ? That squad has lost it's core, its best players - they will be on the slide. Tottenham ? Likewise, they may have got a decent manager but the squad isn't that great.

Newcastle may not get into Europe - but with the current plight of both teams I would say Newcastle before us any day of the week.

Remember, we aren't strong enough to defeat Dundee Utd, ICT, Motherwell or Celtic right now - and that is just for starters..... If you think we are closer to achieving Euro football than Newcastle then I applaud your optimism - I just don't happen to share it.

Right now, it is anyone's guess whom we could beat. We beat Motherwell with a worse team, got beaten by a decent enough ICT (table-toppers, BTW). Dundee United was beatable too. Neither side plays unconquerable stuff and whether they will be before we challenge for CL places is anyone's guess too. Newcastle are not exactly star-studded (haven't been and probably won't be. ManU are right now rather woeful, but they still have a star-studded core and signed Falcao last week too. What will happen till May - with them and us and Newcastle is anyone's guess too. There are 4 CL places up for grabs in England, i.e. where the riches lie for your normal teams. Do you see past the big four or five? Should e.g. Ashley decide to plough in a bit more money - and we speak of 5 to 10m maximum - next summer (going by the assumption that we manage promotion), do you seriously think that CL football is that far off? Hypothetically speaking.