Rumours? What sort of maintenance problem are you talking about? Surely not that asbestos nonsense again

We all know that the ground needs a makeover, but it may need a little bit more than that.

Time will tell but the place is getting on a bit and it has been neglected for a while. It will be no surprise if a large bill is lying in wait.

No-one wants to lose either. If it happened it would be a sad day, but when we have people trying to justify the excessive outlay for our management team, who have no problem with us signing players in their thirties, who ignore the large salaries and bonus culture that exists amongst top earners - and that's before we look at what the kitman and his assistant earn - we may have to lose something we really don't want to lose.

Eh, why not lose the excessive salaries instead of the stadium where matches are played?

In a word YES I would until it is affordable again. Too few of the first team squad come thro the youth ranks to justify throwing vast amounts of money at it. It's been that way for decades now and isn't likely to change anytime soon

You're off your fucking chump!

We all know that the ground needs a makeover, but it may need a little bit more than that.

Time will tell but the place is getting on a bit and it has been neglected for a while. It will be no surprise if a large bill is lying in wait.

Specifically, what was the rumour you were told about?

In a word YES I would until it is affordable again. Too few of the first team squad come thro the youth ranks to justify throwing vast amounts of money at it. It's been that way for decades now and isn't likely to change anytime soon

By which time the money has been skunked away and the club don't have the finances to build a new facility....

You like to ask others for facts and figures on onerous contracts or how much Green and co took from the club, yet you can't quantify the millions the youth dept is costing the club.....

So get us the figures and then we can have reasoned debate on this.

The idea that Rangers don't have a youth system is absolutely preposterous. As FS said, it isn't that we can't afford one, it's that we can't afford to not have one.

If we don't develop our own youth we may as well switch off the lights now because we will only be left with mercenaries.

Ibrox is a grand old shitehole sadly. I recently done the tour with my boy and his pals, they were in awe of the place, but they are 8, i could see many things which concerned me, from the state of toilets and suspended ceilings to poor joinery work and ageing wallpaper. Then there is the huge yellow corrugated walls on the side of the Broomloan and Copland Rd stands, eyesores, they have needed upgraded since the opening of the club deck. Our home dressing room still hasn't upgraded to flat screen TVs yet, an old square box with cheep midi hifi sit on top of the fridge in the corner. The benches in the dressing room look tired and worn. I could go on all night about stuff which needs updated, upgraded, fixed but that ain't a priority. God only knows what is "under" our hood. :(

Why not indeed?

When do you think it will happen?

I can't say what the future will bring. My main concern about King is his plans to spend millions to compete with Celtic. That is not a sustainable way forward. In saying that, it would be better than the current mob.

By which time the money has been skunked away and the club don't have the finances to build a new facility....

You like to ask others for facts and figures on onerous contracts or how much Green and co took from the club, yet you can't quantify the millions the youth dept is costing the club.....

So get us the figures and then we can have reasoned debate on this.

The idea that Rangers don't have a youth system is absolutely preposterous. As FS said, it isn't that we can't afford one, it's that we can't afford to not have one.

If we don't develop our own youth we may as well switch off the lights now because we will only be left with mercenaries.

We are scarily close to that right now, i promise.