By which time the money has been skunked away and the club don't have the finances to build a new facility....

You like to ask others for facts and figures on onerous contracts or how much Green and co took from the club, yet you can't quantify the millions the youth dept is costing the club.....

So get us the figures and then we can have reasoned debate on this.

The idea that Rangers don't have a youth system is absolutely preposterous. As FS said, it isn't that we can't afford one, it's that we can't afford to not have one.

If we don't develop our own youth we may as well switch off the lights now because we will only be left with mercenaries.

We need a youth facility which works I.e. produces youths who can get to the first team.

What we have at present is of little use.

All I'm asking is what it currently costs to run this youth set up. I have no idea but I do know to run a successful one like Ajax do costs them about six million euros p.a. I genuinely hope we don't spend anything like that on what we've got at present

I can't say what the future will bring. My main concern about King is his plans to spend millions to compete with Celtic. That is not a sustainable way forward. In saying that, it would be better than the current mob.

You genuinely have such blind faith in DK don't you?

As Pete will tell you the Ajax youth set up isn't that successful anymore.

It won't cost us that much to run ours, I have no doubt on that.

A youth department isn't just about pounds and pennies though. It is much more than that. Just because we haven't produced much lately isn't about it not having the chance to be successful... It is more the issue we have the wrong people running it.

I have seen our U10's and 11's this past season and they are very, very talented. It is when they get to the older age groups that things fall apart. If we got rid of the likes of Sinclair and had suitable replacements I am willing to wager that the youth department would produce plenty of talent. What the first team manager does with them is a different question entirely.

Some of our youths are playing for their national team at an age group above their natural age group, some have Man U and Everton sniffing around..... The talent is there, it just needs the right people to nurture it.

We need a youth facility which works I.e. produces youths who can get to the first team.

All I'm asking is what it currently costs to run this youth set up. I have no idea but I do know to run a successful one like Ajax do costs them about six million euros p.a. I genuinely hope we don't spend anything like that on what we've got at present

You previously stated, in this very thread, that it was well into the millions. What is it to be?

I may be well off the mark here but i thought i read a few years back Auchenhowie cost our club £1.5m per year. That's not bad considering what we have got out of it in that time.

What are the annual running costs of MP?

Are these costs justified given It's only main purpose is for first team training as it produces so few youngsters for the first team

Sell MP and build something less expensive for first team squad only.

In a word YES I would until it is affordable again. Too few of the first team squad come thro the youth ranks to justify throwing vast amounts of money at it. It's been that way for decades now and isn't likely to change anytime soon

If Rangers youth set up were a business it would have been closed down long ago

So your logic is you don't have a f*&king clue what Murray Park costs but want it scrapped because it costs too much?

Not at all, but feel free to point out anything I have posted which would suggest that to be the case.

Well when is he arriving with his millions to invest then ? You said it earlier. How will he get rid off the board to do this? Will there be a Rangers left for him to do this?