When we went into administration I almost instantly (within the first month) had some major concerns because I quickly came to thinking that I didn't trust the administrators, didn't think they would get us out of it via a CVA and didn't think they seemed to be doing their jobs properly because if they had been, then they would have tried to rescue the company as a going concern.

To do that, they would have needed to quickly address the cost base and stop the monthly loss-making, but they just went for a short-term fix/bandage to see out the season instead of properly cutting costs to address the going concern like administrators do in most football club administrations.

After the shambles of their bidding process and finally bringing in Green & co (like they seem to have planned well in advance!), when D&P did their first presser with Green a feeling of dread & despair came over me because I could tell immediately that he was a bullshitting patter merchant and didn't trust him right from that point. It was a case of 'who the f**k is this clown?' and a distinct feeling of disappointment.

Then we had to endure the failed CVA, being wrongfully stripped of our SPL share and kicked out of our league, left with no league at all for a period and questions hanging over our SFA license as well. When we finally got it sorted out and started the season in the 4th tier there was a sort of positive buzz that I never really understood, because I never felt as if it was right that we should be down there in the 3rd Division.

I could obviously understand the positive buzz in the sense that we were still here with our history and titles despite the best efforts of our enemies and those who wanted (and tried) to kill us off, but didn't understand the positivity from numerous other perspectives, like the unprecedented treatment of our Club and the worries from footballing and financial/business perspectives.

Not only did many of our fans think that it was just a simple case of 3 seasons of a journey back up through the lower leagues to the top flight, but many actually believed that it was an 'opportunity' to rebuild not only the business, but some kind of fabled & mystical footballing 'philosophy'. There was talk amongst fans of not only winning every single game in the 4th & 3rd tiers, but battering the opposition 8-0, 9-0 or 10-0 every week.

I didn't buy into any of that because I thought it was always going to be more difficult than many of our fans thought it would be. Yes, we would dish out some hammerings along the way, but it was always going to be a battle too, both on and off the park no matter how many SPL-standard players we signed and no matter how many crazy moonbeams Green & co served us up.

What we need to do now though, is completely forget about any mythical 'opportunities' or lost chances to create new 'footballing philosophies' and face the stark reality of where we currently are. I'm not saying forgive or forget (far from it!), but we urgently need to get up to speed and deal in the here & now.

Depending on how things go off the park this month, we might be heading for another insolvency/administration event, but we don't know for sure either way because nothing is certain on that front, just as nothing is certain on the pitch either.

We might drop points or lose a match, but no matter what happens, I think we all know that the 'journey' is getting tougher and tougher and that's something which was always on the cards both on & off the pitch, so it certainly shouldn't come as a surprise. The idea of an easy journey back up over 3 or 4 years while creating golden seeds for the future amidst new philosophies for the Club was a total and utter pipe dream.

Even if we had been taken over by good guys instead of chancers and liars like Green & co, we were still realistically facing trouble along the way and potentially a period of 5 years or more before getting properly back on our feet and challenging in the top flight again.

We might not be in a good position right now, but essentially, nothing has changed and we're still on the same path albeit a slightly more windy & rocky one than many of our fans seemed to think it would be. Our progress back to where we belong might still be set back even further by current and/or future financial issues, but we don't know for sure yet.

What we do know for sure is that the people running the show need to collectively get their acts together, steer the Club in the right direction and ease the worries of the supporters, not through more moonbeams and lies like were served up in the past, but by addressing the immediate future as openly and honestly as they can without damaging the value of their precious shares.

Do you think fans should back the club 100% now to get us out of this hole , or complete boycott of every thing and force "something"? Or just bumble along as we are and hope it all turns out ok..

Do you think fans should back the club 100% now to get us out of this hole , or complete boycott of every thing and force "something"? Or just bumble along as we are and hope it all turns out ok..

Everyone should make up their own minds from a combination of their heads and their hearts and no matter what decision they make, they shouldn't be criticised for it because it's their own decision to make either way.

That is a very difficult question to answer. I would say, depending on my level of frustration at any given point, I have answered 'yes' to each of the three parts of the question.

What we do know for sure is that the people running the show need to collectively get their acts together, steer the Club in the right direction and ease the worries of the supporters, not through more moonbeams and lies like were served up in the past, but by addressing the immediate future as openly and honestly as they can without damaging the value of their precious shares.

pipe dream you say?

i agree totally with your first few paragraphs - but the con is ongoing.

Zappa, thought provoking as ever and many good points but I am afraid I do not agree with this:

"We might not be in a good position right now, but essentially, nothing has changed"

A lot has changed, 70 million has been raised and lost. We are a bigger joke/larger embarrassment/more tainted brand than we were before, than we would have been had we rebuilt on a steady foundation and shown we had learnt from our mistakes and now had a board everyone inside and outside the club could trust. We did the opposite and now people who gave money before may hesitate/not have any more to give the next time.

I think we've lost thousands of fans too..but I hope I am wrong on that score.

This board/group of shareholders are doing nothing to put fans minds at ease. Their lies, their actions and inactions have been nothing short of embarrassing in the 2/3 years they have been here. They have no desire or will to improve things at the club. Anyone hanging onto blind faith really needs to have a rethink, you ain't doing yourself or the club any good hanging on for them turning good. Our club is being run and operated by monsters.