I'm just hugely frustrated that the Rangers fans have not been 'militant' enough over the past 2 years or so.

We've sat of internet forums, we're argued, we've fallen out, we've disagreed, we've targetted/critiscised individuals and groups.

And all the time, our clubs continues to fall apart like a sinking ship, whilst greedy bastards help themselves to the jewllery while they can.

As a fanbase we've been awful in all of this. Our lack of proper action has been painfully poor.

Hurts me to say so, but the ****s would never have let it get to this.

I think a lot of our fans' inactivity and to an extent, apathy, has been due to a sense of bewilderment and confusion because for a lot of folk it's been really difficult to know who to believe and what to believe. That's probably because there's been so much PR spin & propaganda being played out in the mainstream print press as well TV & radio, but also because online forums have been infiltrated by people who've deliberately tried to divide us, from toxic PR folk, to our obsessed and ever present enemies who write more online about Rangers than they do about their own Club. They're literally everywhere. They troll and comment on every single Rangers site, every single mainstream Rangers article and have even essentially taken over the share chat section on the LSE's RIFC plc section. They are completely demented.

Do you think pmu that the boycott would have been more successful had King been more visible/vocal throughout this period ?

I think this " boycott" , without King keeping a presence was a bit of a shambles. For me it had to be supporters backing the club to the hilt for the "football" and leave the money men, King etc to sort out the finances or the boycott had to be as complete as possible to force change. What we got was a halfway house with enough income to allow the board etc to try and stumble from one fix to another, but not enough to get us through this. So yes if King had kept a public profile and was able to share some of his masterplan then it would have given some sort of leadership to follow.. By disappearing into the ether he has left a vacuum that no one seems able to fill. I honestly don't know where this is going and what is the "right" thing to do. I am so disillusioned with the whole mess that my gut says try and force the bastards hand by starving them of all income and try and save what is left. Problem could be "what is left"??? If they effectively try and shut us down to extract every last penny, then we might not have anything to save. Keeping it going with current set up just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I'm just hugely frustrated that the Rangers fans have not been 'militant' enough over the past 2 years or so.

We've sat of internet forums, we're argued, we've fallen out, we've disagreed, we've targetted/critiscised individuals and groups.

And all the time, our clubs continues to fall apart like a sinking ship, whilst greedy bastards help themselves to the jewllery while they can.

As a fanbase we've been awful in all of this. Our lack of proper action has been painfully poor.

-------------------------

It's fair to say that scottish football has been on the verge of civil war at a number of clubs recently.

Unreported in the media has been the Hibs board attempting an honest dialogue with the fans in a recent meeting, being shouted down with 'Farmer out' chants from a handful of fans, ruining dialogue for the future. I have worked with Tom Farmer and he is the exact opposite of a '****'. He is a very compassionate person who cares deeply about leith, and it's inhabitants. His failing is that he isn't actually that bothered about football, and it probably shows -though our training facilities and stadium are first class. The abuse of him is misguided- he saved the club from Wallace mercer and the like- we should always remember this.

Across town, Hearts fans are showing a perfect model for fan ownership. 8000 fans paying around £9 month direct debits to buyout the club from a millionaire who has the com munity at heart. I believe Hearts will be a power within 5 years in a sustainable way, even challenging for the title if they get lucky and everything falls into place. I have nothing but admiration for the quiet way they are rebuilding their club.

Kilmarnock have had a minor revolution with Michael Johnstone losing his controlling interest soon, after debt for equity deals for businessmen owed million plus debts. Again here was a millionaire putting the club and community first. The sale of assets has also helped the club shed the mountain of debt that handicapped them.

The worst power struggle I have witnessed was at Meadowbank Thistle believe it or not. I used to go there to watch them if nothing else was on, and the abuse the chairman got (Blobby ) was incredible. There would be only 200 fans there, 190 of which were abusing the chairman all through the game.

I think the take home message here is that clubs survive when there is a willingness by millionaires to put the club and community first, and help empower the fans. Anne Budge, Tom farmer, Fergus McCann all understood this. (and McCann even made an almost unfathomable huge profit when he left). Rangers unfortunately appear to have no such person helping them.

I have watched the power struggle at Ibrox with interest. It's heartbreaking. A bunch of sharks on a feeding frenzy is what it looks like. They have gone beyond reasonable with remuneration and in simply being dishonest with their dialogue.

I think that Rangers have a man - George Letham- that could unite everyone whilst putting club and community before himself. I don't know his financial situation but if the board were more like him you'd have no problems.

Moody Blue - I understand your frustration Part of the problem for Rangers has been the utter lack of unity amongst fans. For me Gersnet is the only rational Rangers fan site (though I've only read McMurdo, FF, RM ,VB) which could coherently represent rangers, yet RM etc get probably ten times more hits etc.

I would offer to call off boycotts etc if the Rangers board were willing to open access to all their commercial contracts and remuneration for inspection. if there was nothing more awful to uncover, I'd call off the strike .As a concession I'd ask the board to add £100 onto the price of a season ticket (to be placed into share purchase account) with the aim of a fan's majority buyout within around 5 years.

-------------------------

It's fair to say that scottish football has been on the verge of civil war at a number of clubs recently.

Unreported in the media has been the Hibs board attempting an honest dialogue with the fans in a recent meeting, being shouted down with 'Farmer out' chants from a handful of fans, ruining dialogue for the future. I have worked with Tom Farmer and he is the exact opposite of a '****'. He is a very compassionate person who cares deeply about leith, and it's inhabitants. His failing is that he isn't actually that bothered about football, and it probably shows -though our training facilities and stadium are first class. The abuse of him is misguided- he saved the club from Wallace mercer and the like- we should always remember this.

Across town, Hearts fans are showing a perfect model for fan ownership. 8000 fans paying around £9 month direct debits to buyout the club from a millionaire who has the com munity at heart. I believe Hearts will be a power within 5 years in a sustainable way, even challenging for the title if they get lucky and everything falls into place. I have nothing but admiration for the quiet way they are rebuilding their club.

Kilmarnock have had a minor revolution with Michael Johnstone losing his controlling interest soon, after debt for equity deals for businessmen owed million plus debts. Again here was a millionaire putting the club and community first. The sale of assets has also helped the club shed the mountain of debt that handicapped them.

The worst power struggle I have witnessed was at Meadowbank Thistle believe it or not. I used to go there to watch them if nothing else was on, and the abuse the chairman got (Blobby ) was incredible. There would be only 200 fans there, 190 of which were abusing the chairman all through the game.

I think the take home message here is that clubs survive when there is a willingness by millionaires to put the club and community first, and help empower the fans. Anne Budge, Tom farmer, Fergus McCann all understood this. (and McCann even made an almost unfathomable huge profit when he left). Rangers unfortunately appear to have no such person helping them.

I have watched the power struggle at Ibrox with interest. It's heartbreaking. A bunch of sharks on a feeding frenzy is what it looks like. They have gone beyond reasonable with remuneration and in simply being dishonest with their dialogue.

I think that Rangers have a man - George Letham- that could unite everyone whilst putting club and community before himself. I don't know his financial situation but if the board were more like him you'd have no problems.

Moody Blue - I understand your frustration Part of the problem for Rangers has been the utter lack of unity amongst fans. For me Gersnet is the only rational Rangers fan site (though I've only read McMurdo, FF, RM ,VB) which could coherently represent rangers, yet RM etc get probably ten times more hits etc.

I would offer to call off boycotts etc if the Rangers board were willing to open access to all their commercial contracts and remuneration for inspection. if there was nothing more awful to uncover, I'd call off the strike .As a concession I'd ask the board to add £100 onto the price of a season ticket (to be placed into share purchase account) with the aim of a fan's majority buyout within around 5 years.

Good post, but the last paragraph might be a step too far for the s***s.

In the next month I could lose my nationality and my club could be right in the grubber again.

Safe to say not the happiest I've ever felt in life

Those of us living overseas may not be a citizen of any country after the vote.... lol

I see I may have read your piece out of context too Zappa. However, unlike Steve I'm not about to concede the point (you aren't surprised I know).

To say things haven't changed because "our climb back to the top is optimistic" is grossly understating what has actually changed.

See, we had 28 million of IPO money (I cant recall the exact figure so if it was less my apologies) and that money could, and should, have been spent on increasing current revenue streams, creating new revenue streams and then solidifying the infrastructure (youth development, scouting, facilities) as well as other issues such as the dilapidated state of Ibrox. There could have even been money left over to be banked and kept in reserve for our return to the top flight for a very modest transfer budget.

What we have is no improvement on the infrastructure, no increased revenue streams, no new revenue streams and Ibrox looks as worn as ever. Ohhhhh, wait, we have the Albion and Edmiston House now though (wait, will Easdale and George Letham get those shortly.....) - Edmiston House will be a drain on resource - why ? Because they have done nothing with it and it will still be clocking up expenses.

So whilst I understand what you are saying..... the level of that optimism has to be lower than previously, a whole lot lower !!

I didn't concede - I just re-iterated my disagreement in a more contextually correct way. I can't see where we differ, Craig - except I am much more polite the the (wholly deserving of it) Zappa :P

I didn't concede - I just re-iterated my disagreement in a more contextually correct way. I can't see where we differ, Craig - except I am much more polite the the (wholly deserving of it) Zappa :P

My apologies Steve. We don't differ, though I read yours as acceding to Zappa's point - my bad :thup: