You have to ask yourself - How many were bullied and how many were happy to go along with the process?

IIRC, it was about half and half, but there was a snowball effect from before it even got to 50/50 with media manipulation and eventual fan pressure on the Clubs who might have otherwise voted for the transfer of our league share to go through, then that snowball effect continued to other Clubs that weren't happy about it. In the end, I think a lot more Clubs than just Killie would have liked to go against the ringleaders, but ended up not wanting to upset the powers that be and their own fans, hence Killie eventually abstaining.

I think it was you, Zappa, who hinted recently on here that the fans who wanted Rangers to go to the 4th division were misguided.

For what it's worth, if it was you, I agree with you.

We have done some pretty dumb things over the years, but this mood where we basically said to the football authorities - do your worst - we can take it - just about takes the biscuit.

No account was taken of the damage that this would do. If the SFA had wanted to dump us in the Orkney and Shetland Boy Scout set-up, we'd have accepted the decision without protest.

If Celtic had endured what we went through, they would never have ended up in the bottom tier - not in a million years - and yet here we were saying - bring it on.

I suspect that we thought that it would harm Scottish football more than ourselves, and that was its appeal(utter madness), but while the national sport is in a bad place, Rangers has been living a nightmare.

Journey? If it ever happens again, many won't bother buying a ticket.

Hibz went thro' the same as us in 1991 after the disasterous Duff & Gray ownership and Farmer transferred the club to his newco after he bought them. They didn't go to the bottom tier. Why was that I wonder?

Hibz went thro' the same as us in 1991 after the disasterous Duff & Gray ownership and Farmer transferred the club to his newco after he bought them. They didn't go to the bottom tier. Why was that I wonder?

I've heard this before.

Was the Hibs situation exactly the same as ours?

Yeah, it was me and I was saying it on here from before it even happened. As soon as rumours & a movement of opinion started building about 'the majority of Rangers fans' wanting to start in the 3rd Division I thought it was total and utter insanity and nothing more than cutting our noses off to spite our faces by those of us buying into it.

In reality, I think a lot of our fans were conned into those thought processes by a Scottish mainstream media which was being constantly manipulated by enemies of our Club at the time, just as they conned the general public and footy fans across the country into believing that Rangers were guilty of tax evasion and cheating, so that the transfer of our SPL league share would be rejected.

As I said on here at the time, if any degree of sanity and common sense had prevailed, what should actually have happened is that Doncaster & those running the SPL shouldn't even have allowed it to go to a vote, they should just have transferred our SPL league share and told any Club or anyone at all who complained about it, that to not have transferred the league share would have been impossible because Rangers were needed for the existing broadcasting & sponsorship contracts.

It really WAS that simple and they could then have just given us a hefty points deduction to start the 2012/13 SPL season or some other sanction with some sort of degree of common sense attached. The problem was though, that Doncaster wasn't fully in control of the situation and in the absence of a Rangers CEO sitting on the SPL board we were faced with too many enemies on the SPL board and a major imbalance when the long knives came out. We should never forget that so many fellow SPL Clubs were bullied into that voting process and eventual decision.

The feeling to go to the bottom was crazy, and I suspect that it was based on the premise that Scottish football needed us and would suffer without us. It barely took the time to contemplate the kind of damage that would be done to Rangers, as if we would just shrug it off.

Just as there was hate against us - and remember there were those who were happy to see their own teams fail just as long as Rangers were sent packing - it was hatred on our side that was a motivating factor in the utter madness of wanting to drop to the fourth division.

Celtic fans would have fought tooth and nail to get the best deal possible. Under no circumstances would they have settled for a fourth tier berth. We, on the other hand, practically demanded it. Scottish football has suffered without us - of that there is no doubt - but Rangers has suffered most of all.

Was the Hibs situation exactly the same as ours?

-- Hearts fans created a myth that Hibs went into administration in 1990, but it wasn't true.

What exactly happened to Hibs?

Why was a receiver involved?