Read what I wrote in the paragraphs before that again Steve because I think you might have taken it out of context.

In the big picture, yes I agree that a lot has changed, but when I said 'nothing has changed' I was referring to the fact that I always thought it would be a tough battle both on and off the pitch and that optimistic estimates of our return to challenging for the top flight were just that, optimistic.

I did read it too quickly, Zappa, apologies for doing so. It is something I tend to do at times of crisis (and we are deep in yet another one) during work breaks. So yes, I did take it out of context - a bit, but only to an extent. I think we have divergent feelings on the extent of how much "windier and rockier" twists your first imagined road has taken. The road is far over twice as long as it was in my view and far, far rockier.

Indeed, I now fear a precipice....Psychically, I'm entering what is known in these parts as "Hildy country"; while you still seem to be capable of viewing a path from liquidation back to the summit.

I did read it too quickly, Zappa, apologies for doing so. It is something I tend to do at times of crisis (and we are deep in yet another one) during work breaks. So yes, I did take it out of context - a bit, but only to an extent. I think we have divergent feelings on the extent of how much "windier and rockier" twists your first imagined road has taken. The road is far over twice as long as it was in my view and far, far rockier.

Indeed, I now fear a precipice....Psychically, I'm entering what is known in these parts as "Hildy country"; while you still seem to be capable of viewing a path from liquidation back to the summit.

No worries Steve and I see what you mean.

Yes, I'm still cautiously optimistic, but obviously very worried too because walking the path in any sort of '3 steps forward, two steps back' manner, as we're in danger of starting to do, could easily turn a 5/6 year rehab (which started in 2012) into a 10 year one.

Yes, I'm still cautiously optimistic, but obviously very worried too because walking the path in any sort of '3 steps forward, two steps back' manner, as we're in danger of starting to do, could easily turn a 5/6 year rehab (which started in 2012) into a 10 year one.

The club resembles the life and times of Paul Gascoigne. Short-term measures are just that, but unless the root cause is conquered, it will result in years of pain, with nobody knowing how many, only to end in premature death.

No, no, no = it is "2 steps forward, 3 steps back" you silly boy! No wonder you are confused. :):):) Gallow's humour

I disagree that "essentially nothing has changed" Zappa.

We are more toxic now than ever before. Green and his cohorts managed to spunk away 28 million of IPO money in less than two years and with absolutely no tangent benefit to the Club. The City will NOT look kindly upon that. Nor will the Club ever (not whilst this Board is in charge anyway) get that same level of funding ever again from the City - and we need that level of investment (if not more) to actually have a chance of turning the corner.

What Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and now the current incumbents have done to the Club really is nigh on criminal. Anyone lauding Green for "saving us" really should be having a word with themselves about now - for it was his profligacy with the finances of the Club which started the gravy train rolling and now everyone wants a piece of the Rangers gravy train - sadly (for them), though, the current incumbents don't have much more left to pore over - they are now like the vulture that arrived too late and only had the bones of the carcass to feast on. And yet some will still laud Charles Green as "savior of the Club". Only at Rangers would a cancer be seen as a cure.

I see I may have read your piece out of context too Zappa. However, unlike Steve I'm not about to concede the point (you aren't surprised I know).

To say things haven't changed because "our climb back to the top is optimistic" is grossly understating what has actually changed.

See, we had 28 million of IPO money (I cant recall the exact figure so if it was less my apologies) and that money could, and should, have been spent on increasing current revenue streams, creating new revenue streams and then solidifying the infrastructure (youth development, scouting, facilities) as well as other issues such as the dilapidated state of Ibrox. There could have even been money left over to be banked and kept in reserve for our return to the top flight for a very modest transfer budget.

What we have is no improvement on the infrastructure, no increased revenue streams, no new revenue streams and Ibrox looks as worn as ever. Ohhhhh, wait, we have the Albion and Edmiston House now though (wait, will Easdale and George Letham get those shortly.....) - Edmiston House will be a drain on resource - why ? Because they have done nothing with it and it will still be clocking up expenses.

So whilst I understand what you are saying..... the level of that optimism has to be lower than previously, a whole lot lower !!

My basic point Craig was that when we went to down to the 3rd Division there were many fans thinking we had a 3 year journey back up to where we were, but a 5 year journey/rehab was actually more like it and even that now appears to be optimistic depending on how things play out between now & Xmas. It may well be that we have another insolvency event to deal with which would have the potential to turn a 5 year journey into a 10 year one.

FWIW, yes you are heavy on the IPO cash figure mate. I think it was £22-23m minus somewhere in the region of £6m in fees including over £4m in mysterious 'one-off costs' which Stockbridge & Mather refused to explain. Even still though, I completely agree that it's criminal for them to have spunked away the remainder of that IPO money in such a short space of time. Stockbridge eventually admitted (after having lied about it) that the IPO cash was completely gone within 10 months of it having been raised. Criminal.

I'm just hugely frustrated that the Rangers fans have not been 'militant' enough over the past 2 years or so.

We've sat of internet forums, we're argued, we've fallen out, we've disagreed, we've targetted/critiscised individuals and groups.

And all the time, our clubs continues to fall apart like a sinking ship, whilst greedy bastards help themselves to the jewllery while they can.

As a fanbase we've been awful in all of this. Our lack of proper action has been painfully poor.

Hurts me to say so, but the ****s would never have let it get to this.

Do you think fans should back the club 100% now to get us out of this hole , or complete boycott of every thing and force "something"? Or just bumble along as we are and hope it all turns out ok..

Do you think pmu that the boycott would have been more successful had King been more visible/vocal throughout this period ?