What's more worrying is which country will be responsible for honouring our pensions !!!

Haha, you mean the UK's biggest Ponzi scheme ever ?

It is quite plausible that neither country will be able to honour your pension :P

In the next month I could lose my nationality and my club could be right in the grubber again.

Safe to say not the happiest I've ever felt in life

Fret not though you'll still be able to console yourself with the fact that the sun is still shining out of Charles Green's arse surely?

My basic point Craig was that when we went to down to the 3rd Division there were many fans thinking we had a 3 year journey back up to where we were, but a 5 year journey/rehab was actually more like it and even that now appears to be optimistic depending on how things play out between now & Xmas. It may well be that we have another insolvency event to deal with which would have the potential to turn a 5 year journey into a 10 year one.

FWIW, yes you are heavy on the IPO cash figure mate. I think it was £22-23m minus somewhere in the region of £6m in fees including over £4m in mysterious 'one-off costs' which Stockbridge & Mather refused to explain. Even still though, I completely agree that it's criminal for them to have spunked away the remainder of that IPO money in such a short space of time. Stockbridge eventually admitted (after having lied about it) that the IPO cash was completely gone within 10 months of it having been raised. Criminal.

I think it was you, Zappa, who hinted recently on here that the fans who wanted Rangers to go to the 4th division were misguided.

For what it's worth, if it was you, I agree with you.

We have done some pretty dumb things over the years, but this mood where we basically said to the football authorities - do your worst - we can take it - just about takes the biscuit.

No account was taken of the damage that this would do. If the SFA had wanted to dump us in the Orkney and Shetland Boy Scout set-up, we'd have accepted the decision without protest.

If Celtic had endured what we went through, they would never have ended up in the bottom tier - not in a million years - and yet here we were saying - bring it on.

I suspect that we thought that it would harm Scottish football more than ourselves, and that was its appeal(utter madness), but while the national sport is in a bad place, Rangers has been living a nightmare.

Journey? If it ever happens again, many won't bother buying a ticket.

I think it was you, Zappa, who hinted recently on here that the fans who wanted Rangers to go to the 4th division were misguided.

We have done some pretty dumb things over the years, but this mood where we basically said to the football authorities - do your worst - we can take it - just about takes the biscuit.

No account was taken of the damage that this would do. If the SFA had wanted to dump us in the Orkney and Shetland Boy Scout set-up, we'd have accepted the decision without protest.

If Celtic had endured what we went through, they would never have ended up in the bottom tier - not in a million years - and yet here we were saying - bring it on.

I suspect that we thought that it would harm Scottish football more than ourselves, and that was its appeal(utter madness), but while the national sport is in a bad place, Rangers has been living a nightmare.

You think Green & Co wouldn't have pilfered even more money if we had been parachuted into SFL1 ? The club very plausibly could be in the exact same state it is in today, if not worse, had we been dumped into SFL1.

We would have been expected to get immediate promotion (no guarantee with hardly any players fit enough for the 2nd tier) and it is highly likely that the Club would have spunked money on players that it couldn't afford - meanwhile they could very well still have been selling the crown jewels for pennies.

Whilst the premise that we shouldn't have wished the bottom tier on ourselves looks sound - the reality is that we had absolutely no say in it whatsoever. The authorities (Lawell's SFA) were putting us in the bottom tier even if we had screamed and shouted otherwise. Lest we forget that the SFA tried to put us in SFL1.... and Longmuir's SFL vetoed it and with fair justification. The Rangers fans had NO say in anything that went on that summer, unlike the fans of all the other SPL Clubs.

Yeah, it was me and I was saying it on here from before it even happened. As soon as rumours & a movement of opinion started building about 'the majority of Rangers fans' wanting to start in the 3rd Division I thought it was total and utter insanity and nothing more than cutting our noses off to spite our faces by those of us buying into it.

In reality, I think a lot of our fans were conned into those thought processes by a Scottish mainstream media which was being constantly manipulated by enemies of our Club at the time, just as they conned the general public and footy fans across the country into believing that Rangers were guilty of tax evasion and cheating, so that the transfer of our SPL league share would be rejected.

As I said on here at the time, if any degree of sanity and common sense had prevailed, what should actually have happened is that Doncaster & those running the SPL shouldn't even have allowed it to go to a vote, they should just have transferred our SPL league share and told any Club or anyone at all who complained about it, that to not have transferred the league share would have been impossible because Rangers were needed for the existing broadcasting & sponsorship contracts.

It really WAS that simple and they could then have just given us a hefty points deduction to start the 2012/13 SPL season or some other sanction with some sort of degree of common sense attached. The problem was though, that Doncaster wasn't fully in control of the situation and in the absence of a Rangers CEO sitting on the SPL board we were faced with too many enemies on the SPL board and a major imbalance when the long knives came out. We should never forget that so many fellow SPL Clubs were bullied into that voting process and eventual decision.

Yeah, it was me and I was saying it on here from before it even happened. As soon as rumours & a movement of opinion started building about 'the majority of Rangers fans' wanting to start in the 3rd Division I thought it was total and utter insanity and nothing more than cutting our noses off to spite our faces by those of us buying into it.

In reality, I think a lot of our fans were conned into those thought processes by a Scottish mainstream media which was being constantly manipulated by enemies of our Club at the time, just as they conned the general public and footy fans across the country into believing that Rangers were guilty of tax evasion and cheating, so that the transfer of our SPL league share would be rejected.

As I said on here at the time, if any degree of sanity and common sense had prevailed, what should actually have happened is that Doncaster & those running the SPL shouldn't even have allowed it to go to a vote, they should just have transferred our SPL league share and told any Club or anyone at all who complained about it, that to not have transferred the league share would have been impossible because Rangers were needed for the existing broadcasting & sponsorship contracts.

It really WAS that simple and they could then have just given us a hefty points deduction to start the 2012/13 SPL season or some other sanction with some sort of degree of common sense attached. The problem was though, that Doncaster wasn't fully in control of the situation and in the absence of a Rangers CEO sitting on the SPL board we were faced with too many enemies on the SPL board and a major imbalance when the long knives came out. We should never forget that so many fellow SPL Clubs were bullied into that voting process and eventual decision.

You have to ask yourself - How many were bullied and how many were happy to go along with the process?