RANGERS chief executive Graham Wallace was today slammed for keeping supporters in the dark about the situation at the crisis-hit club.

And Wallace was warned that he risks more fans turning their backs on the Gers unless he tells them what the future holds.

Fears for the Glasgow giants are growing after former commercial director Imran Ahmad succeeded in his bid to have £620,000 of club assets frozen last week.

There are concerns the Light Blues - who have not repaid £1.5million worth of loans to Sandy Easdale and George Letham - will be unable to pay their wages this month.

The financially stricken SPFL League One champions hope to raise nearly £4m from another share offering in the coming weeks.

However, a statement to the Stock Exchange last month confirmed Rangers will be unable to pay their creditors if the share offering fails.

That has raised the prospect of the Ibrox club going back into administration - a turn of events Wallace dismissed as recently as April.

Drew Roberton of the Rangers Supporters' Association has called on him to speak to fans and spell out what the short-term future holds.

He said: "Graham Wallace has spoken of fan engagement from more or less day one since being appointed.

"He met with us once, but it seems that he doesn't want anything to do with us now. He doesn't seem to want to have any dialogue with any supporters' group. But I think he has to come come out and tell us what the situation is. He could get the fans on board by speaking to us.

"There are all sorts of reports about him and Sandy Easdale not singing from the same hymn sheet.

"It's all very well the fans throwing mud at the board at the drop of a hat. Some of my fellow-supporters may not agree with me, but I have a certain amount of sympathy for him.

"He has always tried to be positive since being appointed. He saw a future for the club and a way forward. He thought the club would not continue like it had previously. It was a new dawn.

"From the minute he joined the club, he was adamant there would not be another administration event."

Roberton added: "Rangers are asking people to part with their hard-earned cash and buy tickets and merchandise. "But recent reports in the media aren't going to entice anybody to buy shares, season tickets, match day tickets or merchandise."

Only 23,000 Rangers fans have renewed their season tickets for the 2014/15 campaign - around 15,000 less than snapped them up last season.

And even with spectators paying on a game-by-game basis the last two home games have only attracted attendances of just over 30,000.

That is a huge drop on last season when games at Ibrox against part-time club pulled in gates of well over 40,000.

Roberton said: "I hate to say this, but there is a real danger of more fans turning their backs on the club if this continues."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-fans-want-answers-from-graham-wallace-179512n.25261148?

Wallace is as much of an enemy to the Rangers support as any of the others. He has lied, he has mislead and he has pleaded the fifth when things get a bit too hot.

People shouldn't be taken in by him simply because he appears to be on the opposite side to the Easdale faction. He is still in the Wallace faction of those draining money from the club.

They all need to be evicted.

Perverse as it may seem to some I like Mr Roberton subscribe to the view that Wallace is basically a decent chap who has probably done a half decent job under the most trying of circumstances however that doesn't negate the basic errors he's made, the main one probably taking to long work out who his real enemies actually were.

wallace could be good for rangers given a fair crack at the whip.

but he is taking money under false pretenses. he can't do his job but is all to happy to take the cash the people stopping him from doing it are offering.

he need to decide where his morals lie right now before it's to late.

like mather he can either take the huge pay off and stay silent or he can do whats right.

but he is taking money under false pretenses. he can't do his job but is all to happy to take the cash the people stopping him from doing it are offering.

like mather he can either take the huge pay off and stay silent or he can do whats right.

If King sleeps with the dogs, he will get fleas. Clean slate needed.

It's already too late for Wallace because we're now almost 10 months into his tenure as CEO and he still hasn't addressed the primary issues he knew needed addressing ASAP when he came in 10 months ago.

Perverse as it may seem to some I like Mr Roberton subscribe to the view that Wallace is basically a decent chap who has probably done a half decent job under the most trying of circumstances however that doesn't negate the basic errors he's made, the main one probably taking to long work out who his real enemies actually were.

Did you get to meet him at Narsa ?

Everything I have heard about Wallace is that he is nothing but a decent person and is trying his best to progress the Club. However, like or loathe Craig Mather, he clearly had been neutered - Wallace is suffering the same fate, beyond doubt for me.

It begs the question.... why does this Board feel the need to employ a CEO when clearly the only thing that will happen is he will be worked from behind by a puppet-master ? Why not save the CEO's salary/bonus/benefits and just do the job yourselves ? Ohhhh, that's right, better to have an expensive scapegoat when the shit hits the fan again than to actually take blame yourself.

If Rangers wasn't a labour of love to us all I would walk away if Wallace were sacked. Not necessarily because I don't believe he should be (I don't think he should but he isn't being strong enough of a CEO to the uneducated eye) but because we would, yet again, be looking at an exorbitant pay-off to yet another CEO and one barely in the job a year. Not only that but they have (or are in the process of) hiring a COO. Who does a COO work closest with ? Yep, the CEO. So it stands to reason that Wallace has been involved in that recruitment, only to now possibly being fired, leaving the COO nobody to work with or possibly someone he feels he cant work with. Ohhhhh, and lets not forget the simple fact that it was THIS BOARD who recruited Wallace - so now they want to cut ties ? And guaranteed they will find a way (Toxic Jack to the rescue no doubt) to distance themselves from costing the Club a ton of money AGAIN because they are completely incompetent and not fit for purpose. I'm glad I never got an interview for the COO position now, could have been my shortest lived tenure :P

Not that we didn't know it because we did.... but we are so dysfunctional that we are spunking millions of money out the door completely needlessly. Whether you consider the Board charlatans or not, the one thing that is for certain is that they MUST GO. They are being financially retarded with our Club. 4 million investment ? Please, it wouldn't see us through the opening of gifts beneath the tree.

Like or loathe too..... we are very much at the point that beggars cant be choosers - someone like King or Ashley is now almost a necessity - but if I were either of those two gentlemen I wouldn't touch Rangers with a bargepole to be honest - the money that King thinks needs to be spent will be far greater given all of the revenue streams have been gifted away - we are a blackhole when it comes to cash spending.