I agree rbr, but I'm struggling to defend Wallace at all because he hasn't done what he immediately said needed done when he arrived almost 10 months ago, which is significantly cut the Club's cost base. If he's cut it at all it's only by a relatively small amount because we're still making absolutely massive losses of reportedly WELL over half a million pounds a month.

The other killer blow for Wallace is that if he and Nash conducted that 120-day business review (which ended up being overdue) and didn't find out about Green's Sports Direct naming rights deal with Ashley or that Green still has share options he can exercise, then what else has been missed? What other skeletons are still to be found when someones opens a cupboard that hasn't been opened in a while?

How do you know he hasn't been stymied in his attempts to cut the cost base Zappa ?

In a previous employment we hired a new CFO as the company was in trouble. His first statement to his Board was "we need to make redundancies" and he was told "We don't want to do that yet" - he was working for another company within 9 months. But Wallace may believe he can still initiate change.

I'm surmising though, much as you are I suspect. That said, the buck really does stop at the CEO in terms of day-to-day operational management.

This is from McMurdo. He will be right Wallace is a goner. He knows what's going on but always spins it for green. But if he says Wallace is gone he lilely will be.

Mather didn't survive trying to bring in king and his 50 million. Wallace won't either.

I know what McMurdo is saying, I was merely questioning why you are now pushing the positive Wallace line simply because he is being marginalised on the board and having his name linked to King.

I know what McMurdo is saying, I was merely questioning why you are now pushing the positive Wallace line simply because he is being marginalised on the board and having his name linked to King.

To be fair, GS has been saying he believes Wallace is trying to do the right thing by Rangers from long before McMurdo entered the scene to inform us Wallace has been marginalized.

How do you know he hasn't been stymied in his attempts to cut the cost base Zappa ?

In a previous employment we hired a new CFO as the company was in trouble. His first statement to his Board was "we need to make redundancies" and he was told "We don't want to do that yet" - he was working for another company within 9 months. But Wallace may believe he can still initiate change.

I'm surmising though, much as you are I suspect. That said, the buck really does stop at the CEO in terms of day-to-day operational management.

That's a fair point, but as I said the other day, Wallace isn't as daft as he looks. He should have sought guarantees about his job remit and what power he would have before accepting the job just like the Dundee CEO Scot Gardiner did when he was approached and then rejected the job offer.