Having a goal of owning a mere quarter of the club and then drawing a line under it is, I regret to say, political naivety and an own goal.

The sharks can still come in to swim in the Rangers pond, and if they are ruthless enough, the will chew up and spit out minority shareholders without drawing breath. It sounds as though this 25% plan has been drawn up by beancounters who have no concept of the clout that majority owners with menace on their minds have.

Fan ownership excludes the sharks from existing within our midst, and even if the odd one does make it to the highest office, we can elect him away and choose - actually choose - his or her replacement.

This 25% idea is a sticking plaster and bandages non-solution to our problems. The club needs a revolution, and the revolution is full fan ownership. I really wonder why we are so afraid of it.

Not afraid of it. It's impractical. Smacks of cottage industry mentality. I asked earlier how you'd fund your financial model

How do Barcelona and Real Madrid and most of the German top tier do it?

And if they can do it, why can't we?

This idea of waiting until a billionaire comes along is draining the club and killing it - along with being akin to believing in Santa.

Let us put faith in ourselves - just as our founders did.

It's an idea which isn't practical for funding reasons alone IMO. This is scottish football were in not la liga or the like

Just a thought Rab, but live within our means without external overdrafts or sugar Daddy's?

As a business model it is usually a good sign.

Of course it means we may never again see world class players in our midst, but the way tv has taken over football and the financial reality of the CL, it was pretty much always going this way for Scottish clubs anyway. What we can aspire to is to be punching above our weight from time to time, taking a few heavyweight teams down as can happen in cup football, and properly invest the spoils from such adventures in a positive fashion.

We should be able, with our full stadium every week and marketable OF games, to be competitive in the Europa League where not all the big countries teams take it too seriously, without the need for borrowing.

Sadly, all of that is as far away as is it possible to see at the moment.

Having a goal of owning a mere quarter of the club and then drawing a line under it is, I regret to say, political naivety and an own goal.

The sharks can still come in to swim in the Rangers pond, and if they are ruthless enough, they will chew up and spit out minority shareholders without drawing breath. It sounds as though this 25% plan has been drawn up by beancounters who have no concept of the clout that majority owners with menace on their minds have.

Fan ownership excludes the sharks from existing within our midst, and even if the odd one does make it to the highest office, we can elect him away and choose - actually choose - his or her replacement.

This 25% idea is a sticking plaster and bandages non-solution to our problems. The club needs a revolution, and the revolution is full fan ownership. I really wonder why we are so afraid of it.

Entirely disagree. As I have stated 25% stops the key fear that you raised.

The most influential people at Ibrox just now own significantly less than 25%.

I do not denigrate the fine efforts being made by both RF & BR, all volunteers in their own time and for no pay, but I long for a much more professional, hard-hitting campaign that would not have a few hundred fans signing up for tenners here and there but have tens of thousands of fans donating hundreds and thousands of pounds to get our club back before it is too late, if indeed it is not too late already.

That is exactly what is needed TB. Like you, I wouldn't want to denigrate the efforts being made by BR & RF, but the bottom line for me is that the pocket change style of fund raising is only capable of reaching the 5% target in the short to medium term which if achieved, would only open up the opportunity to requisition an EGM (and no more than once every 12 months).

Entirely disagree. As I have stated 25% stops the key fear that you raised.

The most influential people at Ibrox just now own significantly less than 25%.

Not going for full fan ownership is both timid and bizarre.

I find it so frustrating when people who have been persuaded that fans having a stake in their club - together - is a step in the right direction then back off from taking it the whole way to its logical conclusion.

I believe in fan ownership but I could not lend my support to Rangers First or back it financially. It seems to me to be a road to future disillusionment, and yet this could easily be avoided if it was to bite wholeheartedly into the fan ownership bullet.

We need boldness to make the revolution happen. RF should go for full fan ownership instead of having an ambition to be a minority player.

It is time we got in professional fundraisers, marketing people, spin doctors, the whole f'n shooting match to get done what needs to get done.

Press, radio, tv, internet all with a rallying cry that Rangers needs saving and the only way to do it is by buying shares. A disaster emergency committee type shock and awe campaign. I have seen it happen in political set-ups where professionally managed fundraisers use social media, written media, telephone, letters, and the funds pour in for things that are not all that important to most of us, but strike a chord with those with an interest in such affairs. Rangers FC is a passionate subject, with followers, supporters and fans all over the world and we can only raise paltry sums in the circumstances we are in. Pah!!

I find it so frustrating when people who have been persuaded that fans having a stake in their club - together - is a step in the right direction then back off from taking it the whole way to its logical conclusion.

I believe in fan ownership but I could not lend my support to Rangers First or back it financially. It seems to me to be a road to future disillusionment, and yet this could easily be avoided if it was to bite wholeheartedly into the fan ownership bullet.

We need boldness to make the revolution happen. RF should go for full fan ownership instead of having an ambition to be a minority player.

Let some make small steps first. A bit like the Scottish Nationalists. They wanted devolution in 1997 but some were scared it would lead to Independance. They said no chance, just give us some power to run some things like health and education and we will be happy. Less than 15 years later the Independance referendum was announced that had not even a glimmer of support a short while before. I think the similarity is there to see, and for the RST and supporters like yourself, let us get the fans on board with fan involvement and share ownership first, let us ensure our stadium and training ground are safe from plunder, then perhaps it is an easier argument to make to those already halfway there, to make the jump to full ownership, or Club Independence if you like.

To each their own - I find your attitude to 25% ownership (an order of magnitude higher than current collective shareholding efforts) strange - particularly when you led with the point of stopping the sale of assets - which of course 25% legally can avoid.

If we are specifically speaking of RF then I find the possibility of using the monthly donations to improve the Rangers Community a fantastic idea and would allow us to gain a competitive advantage over our rivals into the future - that is more important to me than whether we have 100% ownership of the club - as long as we can influence the club so that it is being run in the correct manner (which circa 25% would certainly contribute to despite your protestations) as such a shareholding would do in any PLC.

I think this is a prime example of why having two separate vehicles offers advantages and choice.