Are they ? I make it four "youth" players out on loan. Only Stoney and Gasparotto didn't play, Halkett and Walsh did.

Crawford, McKay and Gallagher are not youth players and unlike under 20's players cannot come back and play.

I only wish all our better youth players were out on loan.

I wasn't at the game today, but I was at the previous two and the standard and style of performance was as bad as I've seen from a Rangers team at any level.

On a positive note I watched six of our under 15's play for Scotland in a 2-1 over Switzerland, Sinky, Kirky and Durie still to get their hands on this group.

http://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2014/09/09/win-for-scotlands-15s/

And that, in a nutshell, is the problem at Rangers. It isn't with the youth department... it is when the true youth department players move across to the U17's to the above three.

I have said multiple times, I would urge anyone to go watch our U10's, U11's, U13's - I have watched the 13's train and they have some excellent players in that group. I have also watched the U11's completely dismantle Dundee Utd (11-0 and 8-0) and I have watched U10 players defeat a U12 Dumbarton team (doesn't sound like much but beating a team 2 years older is not that easy an ask) - some of those U10's even played up in the U11's and helped the 11's defeat Celtic in 4 games last season, not losing one.

The youth coaches are a very valuable source at Rangers. I have had the distinct pleasure of working with a number of them - there is a number of common themes - the love of the game, the love of the kids and the love of Rangers.

The issue is when the above 3 get their hands on them....

Early morning goading ... your standard drops by the day.

Tom Walsh – loan to Stenhousemuir to 1 January 2015.

Danny Stoney – loan to Stranraer to 1 January 2015.

Luca Gasparotto – loan to Airdrieonians to 1 January 2015.

Craig Halkett – loan to Clyde to 1 January 2015.

Calum Gallagher – loan to Cowdenbeath to 1 January 2015.

Robbie Crawford – loan to Morton to 1 January 2015

I take it that most would have featured in that side at some stage, partly as over-aged players. Aird and Daly just back from injury, Hutton essentially means a man down. Maybe the rest of the youth aren't that good so indeed the host of our "better" youth players wasn't there?

You do realize that Walsh & Halkett were in the side that lost this game right ?

Early morning goading ... your standard drops by the day.

Tom Walsh – loan to Stenhousemuir to 1 January 2015.

Danny Stoney – loan to Stranraer to 1 January 2015.

Luca Gasparotto – loan to Airdrieonians to 1 January 2015.

Craig Halkett – loan to Clyde to 1 January 2015.

Calum Gallagher – loan to Cowdenbeath to 1 January 2015.

Robbie Crawford – loan to Morton to 1 January 2015

I take it that most would have featured in that side at some stage, partly as over-aged players. Aird and Daly just back from injury, Hutton essentially means a man down. Maybe the rest of the youth aren't that good so indeed the host of our "better" youth players wasn't there?

Okay if we accept four of these players could have played if there weren't out on loan, but Halkett and Walsh did play. We also have to accept the following could have played for Aberdeen.

Joe Shaughnessy at Falkirk on loan.

Jamie Masson on loan at Brechin City

Declan McManus on loan at Morton

Danny Rogers on loan at Dumbarton.

So using your logic both Rangers & Aberdeen had a "host" of their "better" youth players unavailable.

You do realize that Walsh & Halkett were in the side that lost this game right ?

You mean whether I actually read the game report before writing my reply? Yes, I did. Were they "pumped" as SC put it? No. Did they have their best players in there? Nope.

As we now know that Aberdeen had some talent unavailable too, it might give us a reasonably fair picture of our current/remaining youth team. Two people just back from injury and one who should not been on the squad list altogether weren't good enough to change their fortunes. As elfideldo more recently wrote, it would have been better if nigh all of our youngsters would get any sort of competitive Scottish football bar the youth league stuff. Has the situation for the youngsters changed then? Coaching et al? As opposed to what we read for these last few months? Nope. Does it stop some folk to have one go after another about the very same topic time and again? Nope. It sure is bad enough that our coaching is apparently not up to scratch and that we cannot identify talent or get it if we have the chance. Rubbing salt into the current wounds in Keith Jackson style ain't required ... though it adds to the overall gloom. And no, no-one should simply brush such games or the situation as such under the carpet either. one could keep it objective though.