they have explained their reasoning. also it's sos calling for a boycott. actually they are polling members about one.

but really a boycott is in place unofficially anyway.

Which was?

They all appear to be on the same page when it comes to their anti-board tactics.

On the RST specifically, I don't see the logic of calling for a boycott to starve them out, while putting money into a share issue which does the opposite. I hope they come out and explain themselves the next time their is a UoF statement.

You have a point mate, but the Trust is mainly about acquiring shares in a collective.

You have a point mate, but the Trust is mainly about acquiring shares in a collective.

I understand that, and my original point wasn't solely aimed at them. The RF and VB have played their part too. I am also sensitive to the fact that their members are free to act however they see fit.

Those shares which were purchased today (by all three) will never get them anywhere near the goals while this current lot are still on the scene nor will they give them a significant enough number to have any real say at the AGM. From where I am standing they have merely given a struggling regime a helping hand when a foot on the throat was needed.

I understand that, and my original point wasn't solely aimed at them. The RF and VB have played their part too. I am also sensitive to the fact that their members are free to act however they see fit.

Those shares which were purchased today (by all three) will never get them anywhere near the goals while this current lot are still on the scene nor will they give them a significant enough number to have any real say at the AGM. From where I am standing they have merely given a struggling regime a helping hand when a foot on the throat was needed.

The next rights issue will be the real test for all three groups aiming at increasing their holding. This one wasn't a big monetary investment for the RST or RF. No doubt some movers and shakers will step up and hopefully they're the good guys which compliments fan investment. I might be asking for too much though:(

latest uof statement

"We are utterly dismayed that disgraced director Imran Ahmad has been handed a payout, given that 7 days ago this board stated to the stock exchange that they would “robustly defend” the claim from Ahmad. They have once again mislead fans and shareholders.

It was our view at the time of his dismissal that Mr Ahmad should not only have been sacked for gross misconduct but should also have been reported to the stock exchange for posting price sensitive information on the Rangers Media message board under an assumed name. Our position has not changed.

Fans who try to do their best for Rangers by supporting the club financially, consistently see the money they put in squandered in pay-outs to discredited individuals linked to the plunder of the club over the past few years.

That this board saw fit to waste money fighting three court cases against Mr Ahmad to then settle with him is beyond parody. We would also once again question the timing of this decision. A matter of days ago, following Sandy EasdaleÂ’s public comments on Rangers finances, which played no small part in AhmadÂ’s third attempt to arrest funds, Mr Easdale was caught wining and dining Rafat Rizvi, a close associate of Ahmad. Now the decision is taken to hand Ahmad more of the money put into the club by the fans.

This board is incompetent, wasteful and a disgrace to Rangers Football Club. They continue to allow Sandy Easdale to do what he likes, despite not being on the PLC board, and show no backbone in removing his malign influence from the club."

I understand that, and my original point wasn't solely aimed at the them, I was referring to RF and VB too. I am also sensitive to the fact that the membership are free to act however they see fit.

I don't believe that those shares which were purchased today will ever lead to any of the groups achieving their goals while this current lot are still in charge. Neither will they have significant enough numbers to make any real difference at the AGM.

From where I am standing, they have offered a helping hand at a time when a foot to the throat was required.

Never had you down as a parrot:P