ANGRY Rangers fans are on the brink of staging full-scale boycotts of the club’s matches – amid new calls for Sandy Easdale to be axed as football board chairman.

And brassed-off fans could also stop giving money to companies linked to the Glasgow giants – including McGill’s Buses and Sports Direct.

The Sons of Struth protest group believes there is growing support among its members and other supporters for this drastic action.

Sons of Struth founder Craig Houston confirmed his organisation is to poll its 1500 members over whether to boycott games and businesses.

He said: “The feedback we have received from members and other fans is overwhelmingly in favour of boycotting games and businesses.

“A very low percentage of fans have faith in the board. Every time a new revelation emerges we ask what we can do other than holding red and blue card demonstrations to highlight our unhappiness that is legal and this is one route we can go down.”

“But there has to be a silver bullet moment where you say enough is enough. If that results in boycotts of your team, certain sports shops, certain transport or insurance companies, so be it.”

The move comes after it emerged that shareholder Sandy Easdale had met with Malaysian businessman Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad and convicted fraudster Rafat Rivzi this week.

Easdale was pictured with Rizvi, who is wanted by Interpol for corruption, money laundering and banking crime, in Glasgow.

Last night the Union of Fans called on the Rangers board to remove Easdale over the visit.

A statement said: “Mr Easdale has dragged our club’s name through the gutter once too often. Perhaps he feels his association with a man wanted by Interpol is acceptable. It is not.

“Graham Wallace, Norman Crighton, David Somers and Philip Nash must dissociate the PLC board from this further attempt to involve Rizvi in Rangers’ affairs.”

However, Rangers last night denied the meeting was connected with investment in the club.

An Ibrox spokesman said: “The visit was organised as part of ongoing discussions between Rangers and Malaysian club Felda United with regard to a youth development partnership.

“Mr Rizvi arrived without our prior knowledge. He is an advisor to Mr Bin Ahmad. Media reports suggesting Mr Bin Ahmad is in discussions with Rangers regarding anything other than youth development are untrue.”

Meanwhile, other reports in England last night claimed Mike Ashley is prepared to sell Newcastle United for £230million so he can boost his stake in Rangers.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/ranger...048n.25297080?

The people who don't believe in boycotts and who believe that the team should be backed no matter how toxic the Rangers board is really have to grasp a new reality: the situation has gone too far. Daily revelations concerning the board and its antics have made it impossible for many fans to support it with their cash.

I would agree that a climate where boycotting becomes a first port of call every time there is a grievance is dangerous, but the mess at Rangers is so beyond the pale that stronger measures are not only called for, they are inevitable.

I could not criticise anyone for refusing to prop up this regime. My only worry is that they won't be back if the situation is ever resolved.

The people who don't believe in boycotts and who believe that the team should be backed no matter how toxic the Rangers board is really have to grasp a new reality: the situation has gone too far. Daily revelations concerning the board and its antics have made it impossible for many fans to support it with their cash.

I would agree that a climate where boycotting becomes a first port of call every time there is a grievance is dangerous, but the mess at Rangers is so beyond the pale that stronger measures are not only called for, they are inevitable.

I could not criticise anyone for refusing to prop up this regime. My only worry is that they won't be back if the situation is ever resolved.

I think the longer it goes, the more likely it is to be a 'salvage operation' and the question will be.....to what extent are we diminished ?........Rather than dreaming about returning to a level we once occupied, because that isn't going to happen.

I think the longer it goes, the more likely it is to be a 'salvage operation' and the question will be.....to what extent are we diminished ?........Rather than dreaming about returning to a level we once occupied, because that isn't going to happen.

The longer this saga drags on, the more likely it is that Rangers will not fully recover. As things stand at the moment, it is impossible to be optimistic.

The longer this saga drags on, the more likely it is that Rangers will not fully recover. As things stand at the moment, it is impossible to be optimistic.

Put our deeprooted problems alongside the financial marginalisation of the smaller leagues (including Scotland) and associated effects. I can't see Rangers being at all competitive at a European level again. Summer qualification canonfodder, at best.

The one way out would need Rangers recovering to be a sustainable business with a football operation that produced decent players and then an invite to a league with more TV revenue. In the short to medium term, it's not going to happen.

Dear Member

First of all thank you for signing up to the Sons of Struth and please accept our apologies for the lack of communications, there have been a number of mitigating circumstances but our hope is to rectify that in the coming weeks.

You may have seen or heard that our intention is to ballot all members with regards to a future protest, we are currently setting that up and hope to have details with you early this week.

Sons of Struth

Action not Apathy

I wasn't a fan of the boycott as you know, i bought the kits, for my 2 sons and i, i grudgingly went to the Hearts game almost against my will, that however is the last money they will get from me. Should save my family about £2000 a year until they are all gone. This is not the Rangers i grew up loving and these are not the Rangers men i grew up idolising. We are a shadow of our former greatness.

If their intention is to sell off our assets, close our club down, whatever, no amount of money from fans is going to change that. They have shown they are incapable of running us properly, the very basic of any football club, they have no ambition and no football brains, they are clueless and i cannot buy into people like that. McCoist and his pals are lucky in that sense, they are simply a sideshow who will also need dealt with eventually.

They have had tens and tens of millions(around £70m already) to negotiate a couple of part time leagues and have us going forward with money in the bank, a vision and a plan but there has been none of that. There has been nothing positive. Nothing to buy into.

I wasn't a fan of the boycott as you know, i bought the kits, for my 2 sons and i, i grudgingly went to the Hearts game almost against my will, that however is the last money they will get from me. Should save my family about £2000 a year until they are all gone. This is not the Rangers i grew up loving and these are not the Rangers men i grew up idolising. We are a shadow of our former greatness.

If their intention is to sell off our assets, close our club down, whatever, no amount of money from fans is going to change that. They have shown they are incapable of running us properly, the very basic of any football club, they have no ambition and no football brains, they are clueless and i cannot buy into people like that. McCoist and his pals are lucky in that sense, they are simply a sideshow who will also need dealt with eventually.

They have had tens and tens of millions(around £70m already) to negotiate a couple of part time leagues and have us going forward with money in the bank, a vision and a plan but there has been none of that. There has been nothing positive. Nothing to buy into.

I agre with every word you typed but things in life change and not always for the better I fear this mob (the boards) are here to stay I cant see anyone getting rid off them unless they are bought out and I don't think there is a rangers like man with the money to make that happen , I hope I am wrong but I can see the fans on this forum still having the same gripes ten years down the line .