Given that Rizvi was previously named as the man behind BPH and BPH played a major part in the EGM requisition to appoint James Easdale to the PLC board, is not possible that the Easdales are actually working with or working for BPH and/or Rizvi?

Yes, the line runs through

Rizvi/Blue Pitch or/and other mysterious groups

Green&Co

Easdales

Irvine (ever present)

Yes, the line runs through

Rizvi

Blue Pitch or/and other mysterious groups

Green&Co

Easdales

Irvine (ever present)

Was it the leaked recording of Imran Ahmad & Brian Stockbridge having a meeting with Craig Whyte where they were discussing an investment from Rizvi being used to help fund the GreenCo purchase?

Was it the leaked recording of Imran Ahmad & Brian Stockbridge having a meeting with Craig Whyte where they were discussing an investment from Rizvi being used to help fund the GreenCo purchase?

He was mentioned on recordings and there were alleged but convincing e-mails leaked by 'Charlotte' that detailed proposals coming from RR.

Bin Ahmad colleague ‘intends to buy Rangers’

RANGERS have declined to comment on fresh reports of potential Malaysian investment in the club, along with a new twist in their alleged links with Interpol target Rafat Rizvi.

Faizoull Bin Ahmad, the businessman who led a three-man Malaysian delegation to Glasgow last week for meetings with Rangers director and major shareholder Sandy Easdale, has spoken for the first time about his visit.

The 54-year-old confirmed Rangers’ insistence that his discussions were purely concerned with a potential youth development partnership with his Malaysian Super League club Felda United.

But Bin Ahmad has also stated that one of his unnamed colleagues in the delegation is interested in purchasing Rangers. He also countered Rangers’ account of Rizvi’s involvement in last week’s meetings.

Rangers had claimed Rizvi, a UK citizen who is wanted in Indonesia for defrauding a major bank and who was photographed with Easdale last week, was an advisor to Bin Ahmad and had arrived with the Malaysian delegation without their prior knowledge.

But Bin Ahmad said: “I have no idea who Rafat Rizvi is. He somehow wound up together with me and the media picked it up claiming that I know him.

“The men in the photo are Malaysians and my friends. Neither of them is Rizvi. The report claiming I know Rizvi is false.

“I went there because I like the way the club is supported by its community. I didn’t know it was in trouble.

“I went with Felda United FC’s good intentions at heart and was thinking about how we could benefit from the community involvement the Scottish club possesses.

“I want to incorporate that into Felda Utd. So, when my friend invited me over to take a look at Glasgow Rangers, I went thinking that it was a great opportunity for Felda. Nothing else.

“The photograph that was published of the three of us…the man on the right has the intention of buying Glasgow Rangers and the one on the left is my financial adviser. I was happy that a Malaysian wanted to buy a club.”

Rangers refused to comment on Bin Ahmad’s claims when contacted by The Scotsman last night.

The Ibrox club’s financial position remains fragile, despite managing to raise just over £3 million from an open offer of new ordinary shares which closed last Friday.

Ally McCoist, the Rangers manager, confirmed yesterday that he took up his subscription to the offer. He was understood to have around one million shares in the club from the original stock market launch in December 2012.

“I did invest,” said McCoist. “Without going into too much detail, I just thought it was the right thing to do.”

Asked if he had ploughed a “substantial” sum into the rights issue, he replied: “It depends how you would look on it as substantial. A few quid, yes.

“Anything that brings funds into the club when they are required has to be a good thing. As a squad, we have tried to distance ourselves from it because we have to focus on things we can alter and that is performances and results.

“We are all aware of the things that go on within the club at higher levels but I must admit that I’m thrilled with the way the boys have shut it all off and concentrated on winning games.

“I have spoken to [chief executive] Graham Wallace on Friday and he was obviously pleased. I spoke to him again on Saturday and I’m very, very comfortable with the fact that if Graham needs to tell me anything, I will be reliably informed.” Rangers face Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the second round of the League Cup at Ibrox tonight with McCoist insisting the potential financial benefits of lengthy runs in the domestic cups this season are a secondary objective from his team’s perspective.

“We’re not conscious of that,” he said. “I don’t say that in a flippant manner because any money that comes in is gratefully received and required.

“But I think we’ve got enough to worry about in terms of winning games and cup ties than how many people are going to come in and boost the coffers – although that is extremely important.

“We’ve got enough on our plate organising for Inverness and how we can possibly beat them, than worrying about financially how the game will affect us.

“Of course it would be brilliant to go on a good cup run. But I’ve said all along and I won’t change, although I sound like a broken record, that getting back to the top flight is 100 per cent our priority.

“We got a good run in the Scottish Cup last year and got to the semi-final. We were really devastated at not making the final.

“It gives everybody a great day out. A cup final is something, prior to administration and liquidation, that if our fans didn’t expect it, they certainly would have had great hopes of us appearing in a cup final at some stage, no matter what season it was.

“It would be great to get back to that. Having hopes and higher expectations from the fans and indeed the players, but also the ability to have a freshness from the league and look forward to a cup tie is very important.

“I do sense it would give the fans a lift.

“Within our support, you sense morale with their football club is quite low at this moment with a lot of them.

“So we know we’ve got an added importance in the job we do it to at least give them something to smile about and be happy about on the park.

“I definitely think the boys have achieved that in recent weeks but we’ll certainly be put to the test on Tuesday night and hopefully we can continue that.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/bin-ahmad-colleague-intends-to-buy-rangers-1-3542739

It would rather go against the Toxic advice that is close at hand, usually things are done for a reason and this was a sensitive issue.

Meeting up with Rizvi publicly in Glasgow would have presented obvious dangers to further destabilise matters when looking for finance and for Deloittes to sign off on the accounts (appreciate this may already be in hand). The advice would surely have been to hold the meeting elsewhere or at least not appear in public together, unless they wanted the pic's published................

I don't doubt for a second that they wanted us to see the pics, a picture's worth a thousand words and all that.

From The Record:

Rangers slammed by Malaysian businessman after club claim convicted fraudster Rafat Rizvi arrived in Scotland as his adviser

Sep 16, 2014 03:00 By Keith Jackson 0 Comments

LAST week the Daily Record revealed how Rizvi had been part of possible bailout discussions with a group, which included Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad, from the Far East who were given a 48-hour VIP tour of the troubled Ibrox club.

easdale.jpg

Sandy Easdale (left) and fraudster Rafat Rizvi met together for lunch

RAFAT RIZVI’S role in the ongoing Rangers crisis was at the centre of a new storm last night after a Malaysian businessman shot down the club’s claims that the fraudster was his adviser.

The Daily Record revealed last week how Rizvi – who features on Interpol’s most wanted list – had been part of possible bailout discussions with a group from the Far East which was given a 48-hour VIP tour of the troubled Ibrox club .

Our exclusive photograph showed Rizvi and Rangers director Sandy Easdale sharing a joke after the party enjoyed a slap-up lunch in one of Glasgow’s most famous restaurants. Within 24 hours of our story the club’s top brass issued a statement in which they claimed convicted criminal Rizvi, a long-term associate of former owner Charles Green and his right-hand man Imran Ahmad, had arrived in Scotland as an adviser to the Asian tour party.

They insisted it was to discuss a possible youth development tie up with Malaysian minnows Felda United.

But Felda’s chairman Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad, who was part of the delegation, has driven a horse and cart through those claims by insisting to media in his homeland that he had no idea who Rizvi was until news of the meeting was broken by the Record.

And an embarrassed Bin Ahmad went on to admit one of the men in his group, whom we named as Azman Bin Ismail, has “the intention of buying” the club.

It’s understood Bin Ahmad felt forced to explain himself after our pictures of the meeting were published by the Malaysian media, sparking an angry response from prominent politicians.

Bin Ahmad is quoted as saying: “I have no idea who Rafat Rizvi is. He somehow wound up together with me and the media picked it up claiming that I know him.

“The men in the photo are Malaysians and my friends. Neither of them is Rizvi.

“The report claiming I know Rizvi is false.”

This flies in the face of the official statement which was released by Rangers in response to our bombshell exclusive.

It read: “Rangers this week welcomed a delegation of Malaysian businessmen led by Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad, Chairman of the Malaysian Super League club Felda United.

“The visit was organised as part of ongoing discussions between Rangers and Felda United with regard to a potential youth development partnership.

“It was at the request of Mr Bin Ahmad that the trip was kept confidential. While here Mr Bin Ahmad also looked at our community and social inclusion strategies.

“Mr Rafat Rizvi arrived with the Malaysian delegation without our prior knowledge. He is an advisor to Mr Bin Ahmad.

“Subsequent media reports suggesting Mr Bin Ahmad is in discussions with Rangers regarding anything other than youth development are untrue.”

Bin Ahmad also insisted he has no intention of getting involved in any investment in the financially-stricken Ibrox club.

But, as Record Sport revealed last Thursday, it’s understood he was present at the discussions chiefly because of his background in Malaysian football. The man seen in our picture with a cigarette in his mouth is Bin Ismail, who claims to be part of the Malaysian royal family.

Rangers were told Bin Ismail is the uncle of the Sultan of Kelantan, Muhammad V, who hopes to be the country’s next king.

It’s claimed Bin Ismail’s role throughout last week’s fact finding mission was to make an on-the-spot assessment of an investment opportunity being offered up by Easdale – and to report back to the Sultan.

All of which has caused questions to be asked back in Malaysia where Bin Ahmad is also director general of Felda Global, a hugely successful company with close government connections.

gaers.jpg

Bin Ahmad, centre, looks relaxed after his lunch date

Leading politician Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad released a statement calling for Bin Ahmad to explain his part in the trip.

He said: “Faizoull’s actions are very suspicious and bring up all kinds of questions. In addition, there is speculation that he is planning to buy the Glasgow Rangers football team.

“Therefore I urge Faizoull to give an explanation on this issue because as a Felda director general, he needs to be accountable for his actions,”

Bin Ahmad responded by claiming that it is in fact Bin Ismail who is considering a potential buyout of Rangers.

Bin Ahmad said: “I went there because I like the way the club is supported by its community. I didn’t know it was in trouble.

“I went with Felda Utd FC’s good intentions at heart and was thinking about how we could benefit from the community involvement the Scottish club possesses.

“I want to incorporate that into Felda Utd. So, when my friend invited me over to take a look at Glasgow Rangers, I went thinking that it was a great opportunity for Felda. Nothing else.

“The photograph that was published of the three of us. The man on the right has the intention of buying Glasgow Rangers and the one on the left is my financial advisor. I was happy a Malaysian wanted to buy a club.”

Rangers last night declined to make any further comment.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-slammed-malaysian-businessman-after-4266220?

New UoF statement on the issue.

"The Union of Fans has already called for the Rangers PLC board to remove Sandy Easdale due to his involvement with convicted fraudster, Rafat Rizvi. But, instead of acting with the necessary propriety, the board issued a statement denying prior knowledge of any involvement from Rizvi. Now, Mr Bin Ahmad of the Malaysian delegation, who the board claimed Rizvi was part of, has also denied all knowledge of him. This further fuels the feeling that the PLC directors are not in fact directing the affairs of the company.

There are two possibilities if Mr Bin Ahmad is being truthful. The first is that the board was fully aware of Rizvi's meeting with Sandy Easdale and is complicit in involving Rizvi in the affairs of the club. The second is that Sandy Easdale mislead the board over the reason for Rizvi's involvement. Either way, we repeat our call for the PLC board to disassociate itself from Rizvi by removing Sandy Easdale immediately from his position as a club director.

Does Norman Crighton, who is also non-executive Chairman of Weiss Korea Opportunity Fund, welcome Rizvi's involvement? Does David Somers, who also sits on the board of Ace Europe Life PLC and is a trustee at Fujitsu Technologies, condone the involvement of a fraudster wanted by Interpol in a company of which he is Chairman? If the board refuse to remove Mr Easdale then fans and shareholders will be within their rights to assume that they condone the involvement of Mr Rizvi.

The board may be able to do little about the block of anonymous shareholders who Mr Easdale represents, and who are linked to Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Rizvi. However, they can stop Mr Easdale from controlling the affairs of the club, on behalf of those shareholders, through his directorship.

Mr Easdale has claimed that he wishes to leave his past behind him and show that he has been rehabilitated. When asked about his conviction for VAT fraud recently, he said "To cast up 17 years ago seems silly when everybody else has moved on. Let's look at what is happening now." Well, we are looking at what is happening now and we find it extremely difficult to ignore his past when he consorts with a convicted fraudster on the Interpol wanted list. If the board and Mr Easdale think this issue is going to go away then they are sadly mistaken."