League Cup Date Confirmed

IT has been confirmed that Rangers’ League Cup third round tie against Falkirk will be played on Tuesday 23 September at Falkirk Stadium, kick-off 7.45pm.

Ally McCoist’s side produced a memorable performance to beat Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-0 at Ibrox last night with Lewis Macleod getting the only goal in the club’s second round tie.

Falkirk, meanwhile, beat Cowdenbeath in the last round on August 26 and Peter Houston’s men can now look forward to facing the Light Blues at Westfield next week.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7670-league-cup-date-confirmed

We'll probably make more money from this away fixture in Falkirk than we did from the ICT game at Ibrox last night.

So the boycotters are happy to give their money to this board via Falkirk but not turn up at our own stadium. I remember the way it was done in the past if you were not happy with the board or management. You turned up at Ibrox supported your team and went round the front door and vented your anger.

So the boycotters are happy to give their money to this board via Falkirk but not turn up at our own stadium.

I didn't say that and it's not what I was talking about (or suggesting) at all trueblue.

What I was suggesting was that with the staff, stewarding and policing costs of opening Ibrox last night as well as giving ICT their share of gate receipts, we might actually make more money from the Falkirk game even although the attendance will probably be just over half of what was at Ibrox last night.

I remember the way it was done in the past if you were not happy with the board or management. You turned up at Ibrox supported your team and went round the front door and vented your anger.

These days when you walk up Edmiston Drive towards the front door an hour before kick-off you're never sure if the assembled crowd is there to protest or try to get an autograph.

Personally, I think front door protests would be a lot more successful in getting a message across and getting other Bears involved if they turned up 90 mins before kick-off and done their thing right up until the whistle.

So the boycotters are happy to give their money to this board via Falkirk but not turn up at our own stadium. I remember the way it was done in the past if you were not happy with the board or management. You turned up at Ibrox supported your team and went round the front door and vented your anger.

oh we will be at the front door alright.

but don't rewrite history crowds dropped in all periods of mediocrity over the years. of course it's a new thing to have ****s to fight.

oh we will be at the front door alright.

but don't rewrite history crowds dropped in all periods of mediocrity over the years. of course it's a new thing to have ****s to fight.

The last 2 years we have been very mediocre to record crowds. The place to protest against the board should be at the door, and the place to protest against the team should be in the stadium.

I didn't say that and it's not what I was talking about (or suggesting) at all trueblue.

What I was suggesting was that with the staff, stewarding and policing costs of opening Ibrox last night as well as giving ICT their share of gate receipts, we might actually make more money from the Falkirk game even although the attendance will probably be just over half of what was at Ibrox last night.

These days when you walk up Edmiston Drive towards the front door an hour before kick-off you're never sure if the assembled crowd is there to protest or try to get an autograph.

Personally, I think front door protests would be a lot more successful in getting a message across and getting other Bears involved if they turned up 90 mins before kick-off and done their thing right up until the whistle.

Thousands singing at the door at ko and arriving 10 minutes late would have more of an effect imo.