Rangers Fans Fighting Fund will not give £500,000 to Ibrox board...

Have they a website (still)? Or the statues?

I had assumed this was set up to keep the club from folding et al and help it through the difficult period back then, not when it can very well work on its own - or at least should be.

They do have a website, apparently.

Look at those answers from that cretin wallace

ready to listen

aye right ye are.

Not ready or able to answer unless your questions are 'harmless'

The board want (Plastic and Controllable) Engagement and Communication..........or in other words.....

The board want your cash with no awkward questions attached.

When the RFFF was set up, this was on the official site:

"Money raised through the 'Fighting Fund' will go to the club's running costs".

In the context at the time (ie: during administration) the Fighting Fund was to be used primarily for emergency funding should there be a cash shortfall in working capital to pay the bills each month.

As soon as Green & co took over from the administrators, the RFFF was no longer to be used in that way because cash shortfalls were then the responsibility of the new owners.

I don't want the board to receive any money, i would rather the RFFF paid for a paint job and wash for the stadium. Or something that directly benefits the club, rather the putting the money into any boards hands.

By doing that, though, they are effectively still putting money into this board's hands.

If they pay for a paint job it means the board don't have to pay for it which means reduced expense for the Board (assuming they would paint and wash Ibrox anyway).

I would personally prefer the RFFF retain the funds they hold until we have wholesale change, even though that could take years.

In the context at the time (ie: during administration) the Fighting Fund was to be used primarily for emergency funding should there be a cash shortfall in working capital to pay the bills each month.

As soon as Green & co took over from the administrators, the RFFF was no longer to be used in that way because cash shortfalls were then the responsibility of the new owners.

Where is it written down what the RFFF was for?

Any organisation raising this amount of money should be clear about what its aims are and accountable to those who funded it, even though many of them are unknown.

I have quoted a line from the day of launch from the official site - "Money raised through the 'Fighting Fund' will go to the club's running costs".

Was there more information available that was not published?

I'll need to get back to you Hildy, as I don't have time to search for all of the RFFF information atm, but I can assure you that the money being used for working capital/running cost purposes was only intended for during administration and that alternative uses were later discussed by the RFFF committee after the Green & co takeover because clearly that money was fans money and not to be used to prop up the takeover or new owners.

Johnston urges Ibrox board to sell up and go

Gary Keown

Saturday 20 September 2014

ALASTAIR JOHNSTON, the former chairman of Rangers, last night called for the current powerbase to sell their stock and give up their stranglehold on Ibrox before the club goes back into complete meltdown, writes Gary Keown.

Johnston insists prominent shareholders, both individuals and institutions, must open themselves up to taking a financial hit and allowing the likes of Dave King, the South Africa-based tycoon and former director, to gain the influence he desires.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/johnston-urges-ibrox-board-to-sell-up-and-go.25376933