Draw for the next round of the cup - Rangers v St Johnstone

Reading twitter and lots of bears are hoping or expecting the filth in the next round. So, what about Gersnetters? Timmy or a home draw to a so called lesser side to the tims?

I'd love a spot of 'battle fever' but I'm not sure we'd get lucky and be drawn at home. Other big concern is some of our players being able to handle the atmosphere against them.

Thoughts?

"Thoughts"? Moshni and Simonsen on the pitch and Ally in the dugout. "Thoughts" don't come into it - freaking screaming heebie jeebie nightmares. C'mon Hearts, ffs

EDIT: So much for Hearts. Missed a sitter on HT, mised a penalty a minute later gave away a penalty (Commons scored) and then scored an OG. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

"Thoughts"? Moshni and Simonsen on the pitch and Ally in the dugout. "Thoughts" don't come into it - freaking screaming heebie jeebie nightmares. C'mon Hearts, ffs

Haha - the battle fever would soon kick in.

There would be absolute carnage, likely to result in a permanent ban on away fans in the same way as now happens in De Klassieker.

I think the carnage would be from their end. Defeat for us would be expected and we could move on quicker. Defeat for them would be too hard to take.

They would hump us!,so it's no from me,if we draw them then I also have concerns about crowd trouble,now I'm not being a drama queen here, I just honestly feel the atmosphere will be toxic. I suppose it's going to happen sooner rather than later but I would rather face them when we at least have a fighting chance.

Kris Boyd: I'd like to face Celtic but only in League Cup final.

Kris Boyd admits he'd love to face Celtic in this season's League Cup but hopes it can wait until the final.

The Ibrox side booked their place in the last eight of the competition with a 3-1 win over Falkirk on Tuesday.

Celtic face Championship leaders Hearts at home on Wednesday and Boyd hopes they can progress to move closer to his dream showdown.

He said: "If it is a game against Celtic then I think the whole of Scotland probably needs an Old Firm game back. I would prefer to keep that until the final if it was possible.

"The most important thing is that we're in the next round. Celtic have a difficult game against Hearts. We'll see what happens."

The draw for the quarter-finals of the competition will be made after the Dundee derby and the 31-year-old hopes to draw puts his team in familiar surroundings.

He added: "You want a home game. If you get a home game at Ibrox I think we feel as if we can beat anyone.

"We've got experienced players in the dressing room, players that have been over the course. I think you saw that in the Inverness game."

Boyd has scored five times in 11 matches since signing from Kilmarnock but he feels he needs to improve his record in front of goal as the campaign goes on.

He added: "I've not scored the amount of goals that I wanted to but I feel as if I've brought other things to the team.

"I'd be lying if I was standing here saying I'm pleased with the way it has been going because I haven't.

"I was brought back to score goals and I haven't done that.

"So for me the big challenge that lies ahead in the next few weeks is to get myself on the score sheet regularly again."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/293356-kris-boyd-id-like-rangers-to-face-celtic-but-only-in-league-cup-final/

There definitely would be trouble and it would come from both ends, before during and after the game. Though they certainly would take a defeat a lot worse than us.

It is being mentioned so much in the press that it feels like it is "odds on" in tonight's draw.